TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By Andre
I am looking for a new TV to replace my 35 inch sharp CRT that is above my fireplace. I was originally looking at LCD but then after reading I found that the 30deg up angle for view the TV is not good for LCD and that Plasma is the best. Then I read that Plasma is not the greatest for a room Full of daylight. After reading the review on the Panasonic VT25 here I figured that now a days that isn't much of a problem. Soooo I had almost desided on the Panay then read that the Samy 8000 is better the SD material (which is what is mostly watched on that TV). Then I read that full arry LED LCD don't have as much problem with viewing angles...ARHHHHHH!!!! :?

So now I ask the experts.
It depends on your needs. The new plasma-TVs with the anti-reflective filters and higher light outputs are actually decent for bright daylight.

If you're mostly watching SD I suggest you go for a plasma TV. These are generally better for the softer SD pictures.

About viewing angles; all LCD-TVs have pretty narrow viewing angles today. Unfortunately the full array LED LCDs are not perfect either.