TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By luigi1967
Hello at all
I need a help to choice my new TV for my living room looks easy but it is not. In my living room the TV will have a place without light reflections and will be used only for watching movies on DVD, Blu-Ray HD and SD, no playstation or anything like that, TV screen size ranging from 30 up to 40 with more realistic colors, deep blacks and good quality images even in fast moving images, I say this because I know that this is a problem for LCD TV. I thought I had found the right TV (LG LE428500 or 880 in Italy), this site has given it the Flatpanels Awards but in another site (www.digitalversus.it/) was not considered a TV so good especially for the very weak contrast ratio of 770:1
I saw the test the Panasonic TX-P42V10 which is a plasma but is out of my budget that would not exceed 1000 €.
I would appreciate it if you can help me.
Luigi
By Juan
Do not hesitate the LG8500 is a fantastic TV. The only iconvenience could be reflexions, but if it is not an issue in your living room do not hesitate at all.
Not only it has fantastic contrast ratio and vivid colours, but also its image is THX certified, which is a great advantage precisely for watching movies, as it is your main intention. This certification ensures natural image comparable as the one you can see in cinemas (color, brightness, ...).