TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
Hope you are all well, great work on the site - Thanks.

I have a dilemma concerning TVs. I currently live in India and am looking to buy however the various ranges are much more limited here than in the UK / Europe.

My original budget was of around 1500 GBP / 100,000 Rupees. Of all the TVs I've seen and are available this narrowed to either:

Sony EX720 or the LG LW6500 - both 46 inch but neither had stella reviews.

I will be watching mainly DVD Movies (some HD) and SD / HD Sport as the Hi Def choices here are also limited from the Digital TV Providers. Motion and Picture quality for SD / HD content are most important to me. 3D is a nice to have bonus but I am not overly bothered if I cannot have this.

Given the lack of HD content here and reading the forum and your reviews, I am now thinking that it would be better to get a plasma TV - the problem I have is that the range here is even more limited.

Panasonic have the VT20 available here but it is nearer 2000 GBP and the VT 30 does not arrive until later in the year? The GT30 is not available here (otherwise I would prob spend the extra money and get this).

I cannot import or ship the better TVs here as far as I am aware as the tax implications outweight the gain on lower cost.

I'd appreciate your advice - buy the Sony or the LG or spend the extra money and get the VT20?

Many thanks

Johny