TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By Rasmus Larsen
We have no plans to review the WT50. Sorry.

But from what I head in the industry, WT50 is very close to DT50 in terms of picture performance.
By newcastlehk
Rasmus Larsen wrote:We have no plans to review the WT50. Sorry.

But from what I head in the industry, WT50 is very close to DT50 in terms of picture performance.

Rasmus, then which TV you prefer, Panasonic WT50 or Sony HX850 ?
By Juan
Dear Rasmus.
Perhaps it is not correct to assume in advance that Panasonic WT50 is equal to DT50 about picture quality.

Reading specs it is true that electronics is equal in both models (backlighting system, Hz, ...), but they have pannels with different contrasts. I have been in a big store looking both and it is more than obvious that WT50 has a darker screen than DT50 with less reflections. A Panasonic vendor confirmed this to me and she told me that level of blacks of WT50 are more impressive (looking both at the same time this is very clear).

Reading specs, WT50 has a Clear Panel Pro with Infinite Contrast and DT50 has the same panel (Clear Panel Pro) but with Shiny Contrast instead of Infinite Contrast, so Panasonic admits this slight difference.

Perhaps this difference does not justify another specific review for the WT50, but from the first look impression WT50 seems to be better or at least darker to DT50. It is more similar to Samsung ES8000 screen.
By Rasmus Larsen
Juan wrote:Dear Rasmus.
Perhaps it is not correct to assume in advance that Panasonic WT50 is equal to DT50 about picture quality
I agree that there is a difference but in my eyes it is not significant enough to really put WT50 in a different league. I have seen the WT50 many times already and my colleagues in the TV review industry tell me that the actual black depth is not really improved on WT50 (the filter may be better at blocking light during daytime, though).
By tomjackson
The WT50 has one of the broadest viewing angles in its class (178 degrees). You'll see less image degradation even when watching from outside the central sweet spot. Picture actually looks better when viewed from a sharp angle, rather than head-on.

Thanks
Primary schools in Muscat