TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
Hi guys.

I'm evalutating to sostitute my plasma Panasonic 37" PV60 bought in 2006. I'm very satisfied with my hdtv panel but it use a lot of power about 250W too much. It have a resolution of 1024x720 and no support for 24p so with my MediaPortal media center I've not support for cinema fps and I must use reclock or mediaPortal audio renderer to speedup the audio to 25 fps.
I'm very satisfied mainly for the high quality of image though it's a hdtv only.
I read a lot of reviews about led tv. I'm not very interest about 3d features but in image quality and black deep issues yes I'm hard to please.
Which kind of black deepness have my Panasonic PV60 series compared to last led model especially Sony and Sharp
thx
Panasonic's plasma TVs have always had fairly deep blacks but your PV60 is not amongst the best performers in this area.

Some new LED models can easily beat that but you have to remember that you might also experience clouding / backlight bleeding issues on most edge LED based TVs.

Why not just a new Panasonic plasma?
I'll prefer to choose a very good Led tv because the power consumpation , mainly, it's too high with plasma devices. Also a new P42G30 consumes 120W. Ok right, it's half than mine... :)
My bills are very expensive due to tv i guess . :)
Also Panasonic don't release any 37" panel. With sony should be avaiable the 40". 42" is too big.
Actually you 've right with the pv60 in the darkest room a black or no signal image is not very too dark by some kind of brightness is visibile. Specially since last years. (and It have an huge dithering since the early days)
the Sony 40HX755 could be a good choice? In Italy I can buy it for about 800€.
tnk.
Regarding power consumption. You can compare TVs in our applet here:
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?s ... 1289897858

If you click "Show annual costs" and enter your KWh price in for example Euro you can see how much the different TVs consumeon a yearly basis. I can reveal that it is not that much :) If you have a high power consumption bill you might want to take a look at your kitchen appliances or home appliances such as the washer or dryer instead. There are often the real culprits

Sony HX750 is a good TV. You could also go for one of the Samsung LED models such as the 6 or 7 LED series. Sony typically use Samsung or Sharp panels, which have - for edge LED based TVs - some of the best black levels. However, you might encounter clouding / bleeding issues. LG's TV are based on IPS so if black depth is important to you, LG is out of the picture.

Our receommendations list might help you get started:
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?s ... 1229341472