TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By tukulka
Hi, I'm in the need of choosing a new TV for my BedRoom.
Even if it's a bedroom is the only place where i watch TV so let's say it my main TV screen.

I think I will be fine with a 40 / 42 max screen.

I mainly use TV to watch recorded TV series (SD and HD), some hd sport (sky HD) and HD/FULL HD movies.
I rarely watch TV channels.

I've got a media player DVICO 6640 to attach to it, but i will stay DLNA safe for building a better network in my home with a central storage and access from every device.

I also own android phone and tab and ipad 1 / 3 and iphone so maybe some nice app to usa them as contol?

I was lookin myself at Sony 40HX750 and Samsung UE40ES6710 or Panasonic GT30 (never had a plasma so I don't know the feel)

The price of the three is similar so... any suggestion?
By Rasmus Larsen
Most new TVs have Android apps that can act as remotes. The remote apps are not fantastic but decent.

I can imagine that your bedroom will be dark most of the time when you watch TV and therefore I think plasma is a great choice. GT30 is an excellent TV. One thing you might want to be concerned about, though is buzzing. Some plasma TVs have a tendency to buzz which could be a problem in your bedroom.

If you don't go with the GT30 and want the most DLNA+media features the Samsung is probably the best advice as they are they only one with a mildly functional Smart TV platform. It is not great, not even good, but you might find it handy if you want to use for example DLNA.
By tukulka
Ty dear,
yes the buzzing will really be annoying in the bedroom, my crt do some buzz and sometime I'm about to trow it trought the window :)

Any way to get a buzz free plasma or just luck?

And what about img quality fo the Sony vs Samsung? Is it comparable

And more, on the Samsung i find

-ES6300 -ES 6710 -ES6900

Any way to understand differences?

Ty PierPaolo
By Kamena302
so does anyone think the VT50 will look even better hooked to HDMI instead of the analog RGB cables setup now? Even on RGB the VT50 on Blue Ray really pops… Thanks for any impute!