TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
I bought this tv for the kitchen few weeks ago. Actually I'm so surprise about the picture quality of this cheap model (185€ in Italy)

This LG with standard settings (cinema) the picture is very pleasant and natural.
I've changed the backlight only from the default of 30 to 80-85 , and also the automatic backlight control seems work fine. Less important but the sound seems good . far better than Samsung 19UE4000 that i've returned back due the digital tuner problem. I've a Panasonic plasma 37PV60 as reference (cinema preset too)

I have an issue with the multimedia player, I don't know if this player is the same for all Lg model.
the player work fine for example with mkv 720p , aac or ac3 audio track when the frame rate is 25 fps . The quality of image is very good and play is very smooth and pleasant . Instead when I play an mkv with 23,976 fps the play is jerky. Probably the player do not switch the refresh rate to 24P mode. that is a common issue in a Htpc system, I'm quite expert fot this.
I didn't test the ntsc format so mkv, mp4 with 30 fps or 29,97 fps

Is it a normal behaviour with the LG tv even with the better models? I've reported this issue to Lg.
Yes, 24fps support is lacking in most media players found in cheap, mid-range and even expensive TVs. The TV manufacturers don't care much about the built-in USB and DLNA streaming players, it seems. I see it in most TV reviews and my generel recommendation is to go with a dedicated media player.
Yes. I know this problem is deliberately made. 24fps support is lacking in almost all cheap models. I had this TV in my bedroom, it worked fine for 6 months and then it started having this problem with its backlight. I am thinking of selling it off.
I’m looking for a 60” LED TV and haven’t seen anything in Samsung or Sharp I’m interested in, but I am very impressed in the Panasonic VT50, I’ve seen the ones in the Magnolia Rm with Direct TV and Blue Ray, so does anyone think the VT50 will look even better hooked to HDMI instead of the analog RGB cables setup now? Even on RGB the VT50 on Blue Ray really pops… Thanks for any impute!