TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By okkra
Hello!

I acquired the above mentioned TV a couple of months back, it being my first plasma i was a bit worried about imagine retention, but every salesperson i talked to before getting it told me that image retention was a thing of the past.

The operating instructions says "Do not display any still part of the image for a long period of time". Now of course i wouldn´t do that. Here in Sweden the commercial channels show a commercial break every ~20 minutes or so which means that the logo of the channel is removed for 3-4 minutes every 20 mins.

The problem is that I now have 3 different logos up in the right corner of my screen that are visible when the background is white. Now in all honesty, this is from what i gathered one of the top plasmas that you can acquire as a regular consumer. I haven't mistreated the TV in any way, I have used it as a regular TV and used it as a regular consumer.
And I still have this problem.

I've tried both the Screen Wash-thingy and analog static for a couple of hours but I couldn't notice a difference.

Have I received a TV from a bad batch or is this normal? I am in all honestly quite pissed off seeing as image retention shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Hi,

I'm sorry you read that you are now in the club of Panasonic disappointed customers as I am also a bit. My son watched kids channels, logos there are the worse !

Yes, while it is a solved plasma problem for many brands like Pioneer, it is still a frustrating problem for Panasonic plasmas. 2 plasmas purchased, both lightly burned.

What annoys me even more is that this problem is very much undertaken in this FlatPanelsHD website,like other big picture quality issues are dithering (added noise to simulate intermediate colors) & solarisation (loss of intermediate color gradients).

There is not much to do than to avoid channels with these ugly logos and wait a few weeks for the plasma aging to smooth the burn.

I agree this problem makes Panasonic Plasma TV difficult to include in real [family] life.
By 017hnoor
Now in all honesty, this is from what i gathered one of the top plasmas that you can acquire as a regular consumer.