TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
Torben Rasmussen wrote:I had the TV for a month while writing the review and gaming (or even browsing from your PC through HDMI) was dreadful. The mouse was trailing behind to a degree where it was impossible to use for precision work. I know others disagree but it must then come down to tolerance - and ours is low, but not unreasonably low.

Thanks, I'm sorry to hear it. I wonder why they can't seem to get rid of this problem. It is, after all, a very premium product.

I have no use for a TV that can't play games.
Torben Rasmussen wrote:I had the TV for a month while writing the review and gaming (or even browsing from your PC through HDMI) was dreadful. The mouse was trailing behind to a degree where it was impossible to use for precision work. I know others disagree but it must then come down to tolerance - and ours is low, but not unreasonably low.
Wow. I'm really sorry to hear that. I have no use for a TV that can't play games, no matter how good it is otherwise. Unfortunately, there really aren't any other competitors on the market either.

Don't know what I'll do now.
Lundmark wrote:What are your thoughts of OLED and Ultra HD, though?
It seems we've been waiting for OLED for almost a decade now who knows when B&O will get one out.
Regarding UHD, I really don't think my current 50" looks pixelated at 1080p from my ~3m viewing distance. That said, I bought a MacBook Pro with Retina display, and I wouldn't be able to go back to a low-res screen.
Content is also not available and I'm not sure if we're gonna see any significant amount anytime soon.

Waiting for new tech is always gonna be a wait forever, but if there's an OLED BV11 with ultra HD around the corner, I'd obviously want that.
4K and OLED will surely be available in B&O's products at some point, but I don't expect the latter to be available in the next few years. 4K will probably arrive in 1-2 years, I guess.

OLED costs need to come down drastically. Right now, 55-inch OLED TVs from Samsung and LG are as expensive as BV11.
This is the answer I got from the B&O support regarding input lag in game mode with the latest software on BV11:

Dear Mr. Lundmark,

We are pleased to inform you that the input lag on the BeoVision 11-55 when set to game mode is 78mS.

We hope to have helped you.

Kind regards,
Birgit Baarstrøm Vestergaard (Ms) | Customer Service
By Rasmus Larsen
Congratulations.

I don't believe you have to do that. I haven't tried on the BV11, but on the BeoPlay V1 it can just be inserted into the slot on the back. There is a slot specifically designed for the Apple TV and I can't imagine that it wouldn't fit in it on BV11.