PC monitors of all kinds.
By Tivale
Basically, I'm looking for a new monitor but I've been having quite a lot of trouble finding a good one given that when it comes to monitors/tv's I'm not much of a help at all. I talked with other people who obviously have a lot more expertise on the subject and ended up getting a bit confused. I'm aware there are monitors with NT panels ( better for games ?) and others with IPS panels ( better for people who'll be using photoshop and such?) but I'm unsure which one to get.

Well, actually, I'm leaning towards the ones with ISP panels since I'll be using the monitor to watch High definition videos and my dad will most likely use it for thinks like photoshop and office. Surely we'll never use photoshop THAT intensively though. One thing I was worried about though was the response time. From what I've heard, monitors with IPS panels usually have a lower response time and I was wondering whether that would affect me when playing blurays. I'm not going to use it for games so as long as there is no ghosting while I'm playing the videos I'd be more than happy.

Then again, I was looking for something which was priced at around 300£ and I suppose most of these monitors cost way above that..

Anyway, I'd really appreciate if someone could give me a hand.

Regards,
Tivale
By Rasmus Larsen
Have you seen our recommendation list here? http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?s ... 1229341472

I know that the list is referring to the Danish reviews at the moment but this will soon be fixed.

Personally I would definitely go with an IPS or VA instead of TN unless you're a very serious gamer. IPS and VA is fine for movies and casual gaming.