PC monitors of all kinds.
By PowerPC
Hello guys,

Based on the reivew I made the decision to purchase the Asus VG236HE 120Hz monitor for my PC.

The problem that I have is when I right click and selece screen resolution in Windows 7, I see that Display is recognized as the correct monitor. Now, when I click on Advanced Settings and Monitor Tab, I see that the monitor is seen as Generic PnP Monitor @ 60Hz using some old outdated general Microsoft driver back from 2006!

I called the Asus support, which was completely useless not to mention their attitude and all I found out is that they DO NOT MAKE drivers for their monitors! WHAT?!

So, my question is... how can I get this monitor to run at 120Hz? I have ATI HD5870 4GB Crossfire and using the DVI-D Dual Link cable.

Please help me out!

Thanks in advance!
By DarkUltra
What graphics card do you have? Older graphics cards do not support 120hz over dual link dvi. My brothers lg w2363d didn't need any drivers to run at 120hz in windows 7 64bit. But 120hz didn't work on any of my old graphics cards, geforce 3 ti 500, radeon 9500 and geforce 7800 gs
By Stoogie
U sir r an........ omg. 120hz Means a motion encoding feature, all HDTV panels are 60hz, the 120hz is like a interlaced encoded algorhythm to increase fluidity in movies, it is not a true refresh rate. so of course the pc will only detect 60hz because that is what it is......

However recently there have been a couple 120hz true monitors, like the BenQ XL2410T 23.6" LED $489~