A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
if it's a state of the art tv, i'm not fond of the concept of the design. For me, a beautiful TV has also to be discreet, and that's not the case with B&O. otherwise, I find that the design is very similar as the philips 42pes0001, the thickness excepted; but that's why the philips tv was so amasing, because it's very light and slim. I may enjoy my mercedez and don't want to display it in my living room.
so bravo to the engineers, but I have some reservations about the concept of the design.
Hi,

I'm currently in for a new TV, and I wonder. Is the BV7-55 Mk2 still among the best tv's nowadays? I must say, I don't care for any smart-tv functions, nor 3D. What I do care for is picture quality, build quality, design and ease of use.
I'm mostly watching video through a connected mac running Kodi. Source material are blu ray discs and recent internet downloads of tv series. We got rid of our cable tv subscription as we don't really have time to watch it. So basically I need a quality monitor that has surround sound incorporated.
I furthermore want to use only 1 remote control and would really like to avoid any extra receiver or sound processor (although that is debatable).
I'm looking towards loewe too, as they include a radio option out of the box.
I like the design of the 7-55, though it is a really big and heavy piece. More recent Loewe's, the BV11-55, or even the BV Avant are less intrusive.

I really don't know what to pick! Any suggestions?
The 7-55 doesn't allow for correct setting of colors, so I would rate it as a bit out-dated compared to what is out there today.

I would go for the Avant. It is a really good package.
By rob08
Preferably choose, if financially possible, the Avant 75" or 85" as those versions have direct type LED with 2D local dimming rather than edge-lit in the 55".

Torben - have you seen the 75" or 85" Avant and how it compares to the 55"? Would be an interest test, or even a new full review of the larger Avants.
Hmm, for all I've read about the Avant on fora and in reviews, it seems to me the tv was a bit rushed to the market and not what it could have been, 4K but not really since none of it's HDMI ports supports the necessary standards, etc. Not up to B&O standards on the build quality, ..
Also, it's really over budget, definitely in its larger sizes.

A Mk2 7-55 comes in at around 5K€ for the moment. Same for a 11-55, or if you search well a Loewe Reference ID 55" (since it's been replaced by a completely new 4K range)*.
I like the "it's something else"-design of these tv's, coming with an integrated sound processor and motorized stands, but I'm open to more 'mainstream'-looking tv's too, given they are significantly cheaper and deliver similar picture quality.

* about the Loewe, I really like the reference ID in it's flat design, and I regret that they ditched the model altogether for a curved masterpiece. I don't like curved tv's at all, I don't get the point of working your ass off for years to improve viewing angles, and then to decide to not care anymore and make tv's for 1 viewer only.
Also the new Reference UHD line has lost the good-looking back of the reference ID, though it is not a deal breaker. Any chance the new Loewes will get a review here?
rob08 wrote:Preferably choose, if financially possible, the Avant 75" or 85" as those versions have direct type LED with 2D local dimming rather than edge-lit in the 55".

Torben - have you seen the 75" or 85" Avant and how it compares to the 55"? Would be an interest test, or even a new full review of the larger Avants.
We passed on the opportunity to test the 85" - we don't want to redo all tests for all sizes available. I haven't seen in myself.