A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By rv123
Hi Rasmus!

Thanks for very good reviews so far!
I am picking plasma TV this year and until now I narrowed my list to either Panasonic G20 or Samsung C550 which I believe are equivalent models from 2010 lineup. Therefore, if it is possible, I would like to see a review of C5xx Samsung. It seems that G20 has very good PQ and antireflective screen which is a big plus for me. Could Samsung match it?

C7000 is one level up, with 3D which I do not need yet. But I understand that this is the most significant new feature coming this year and many people are waiting for it.

Thank you
Richard
By Sypack
Hi,

I'm also in the market for a new plasma and the Samsung C7000 is high on my list... if it doesn't buzz.

Since the B850 got great reviews (except for the annoying buzzing) i can only expect the C7000 to be at least equally as good.

Rasmus, do you know by any chance if the Buzzing problem has been solved for the 2010 models?

thx.
By ceerobert
Hello Rasmus,

I would like to gently add my voice to the few calls for a review the 7000 or the 6500 plasma.

In November last year I came close to pulling the trigger on the Panasonic P50V10 but didn’t because I thought for the money It just didn’t have enough multimedia functionality, the LG 50PS8000 had the IR issue but cheap, the Samsung PS50B650 and the PS50B850 both great to look at for PQ and as works of art, but they both buzz and I couldn’t take a chance on buying one (if they didn’t buzz I’d own one now!).

And so I’ve waited until now and my choices seem just as small as last year. The Panasonic 50G20 has a sublime picture by all accounts but I don’t know If I could stare across at it in my living room for the next 4-7 years, at best I feel neutral about its looks but mostly I think it’s not far of ugly and also it can’t play MP3’s by dlna as reported by yourself. I have a huge MP3 collection and was looking forward to playing them across my wireless connection in my living room, the MP3 thing finished it for me. The LG 50PK990 is attractive to look at, better black levels, but with a serious IR problem.

That just leaves the Samsungs for me (and many others I think), I’m not really interested in 8000 model – too expensive. This leaves either the 6500 or the 7000, if the 7000 thousand is priced around the £1300-£1400 I might be interested, but I would happily accept the 6500 if it’s got the same PQ as the B650/B850 and there’s no buzzing.

So either of these would be a great review for me (and a few others) I think.

Thanks for your time,

Rob.