A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By hazarin
Thanks for great review and great site. One of the best and I have seen a lot of them.
I have a little question regarding this TV panel.
I thought that for this year relatively high-end models Sony switched to Sharp UV2A panels, which were supposed to bring wider viewing angles, better contrasts and deeper blacks. However when we compare this panels performance with those from W5500 we did not see any marked improvements promised by UV2A technology in viewing angles and contrasts, though blacks improved to 0.05 value. At the same time the same characteristics with regards to black and contrasts were already achieved with Z5500. Actually Z5500 has better contrast. Could you please comment on that and check whether this TV indeed has UV2A panel. Cheers.
By mattberlin
Hi Hazarin,
the infos in the net says, only the big screens with 60" size are the new U2VA Panels.
Even the info "8-bit Panel" shows, the NX700 is not one of the new U2VA Panels.
But, what do you expect? the name of the panel is not so important. The PQ, the pictuere i see with my eyes, that is important. And for me the NX700 does all what i expect.
I am satisfied with my new TV.
By hazarin
I agree, Matt, the name is not important, what stands behind it, i.e. picture quality is.
I just personally had very high expectations for UV2A technology, which based on Sharp demos posted on the web, was supposed to drastically improve blacks and contrasts and viewing angles, which I am sure you will agree is still something not ideal and improvable. However as we saw from recent Sharp LE820 review it is actually remains on par with current Sony NX700.