A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By puscifer
Thanks a bunch for this, I was wondering how this set would fair against C8000 and VT20.
Shame to see it has the same crosstalk issue as C8000, I just hope it's not a 3d implementation issue on all lcds.

One thing bugs me though.. I might be a bit dumb (or just lacking the right supporting info) but I can't see, from a tech perspective, how the C8000 is edge led and the LX9500 can be considered/advertised as being backlit. I'm dumbfounded by the vague 'patented diffusion' explanation..
By Rasmus Larsen
We'll release a 3D comparison article between C8000 and LX9500 after the C8000 review is online so be sure to read this one, too :)

Yes, LX9500 used a so called IOP (integrated optical plate, it's explained in the LE8500 review) to distribute light across the screen with the help of light diffusers. By doing this they can move the LEDs closer to the LCD panel and therefore create a thinner frame.

C8000 has the LED at the edge of the LCD panel, yes.
By puscifer
From my POV, edge led light is also diffused throught the panel, I just don't understand how the use of a plate differs enough to merit it being labelled as backlit. If its needs to diffuse light, to me, it indicates it doesn't have individual back-leds.
I might be proven wrong, but to me it's like apples and oranges. Or at least a whole different kind of transgenic apples with orange skin. Similar to what Philips does when announcing response time for their new Sharp panels, measuring with BEW instead of GtG, like all other manufacturers.
By Rasmus Larsen
Yeah, I see what you mean.

On LX9500 the light diffusers and the LED are actually placed behind the LCD panel. LG utilizes optical plates where LEDs are located at the edge and diffusers distribute the light evenly. And on these plates local dimming zones are applied.
Maybe it's a matter of definitions but you have to remember that traditional backlit LED BLUs and backlight CCFL BLUs also utilize light diffusers to distribute light.

Maybe this picture helps:
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/pictures/lgfullledslim.jpg

I have a semi-technical slide with 7 slides explained the principle. It has some marketing talk in it but it pretty much illustrates the principle. Send me an PM with your e-mail and I'll send it to you :)
By puscifer
That's exactly the point I was trying to make. All LED need diffusers.
The C8000 has local dimming, or as they call it, precision dimming. The leds on both are edge led and both have diffusers that suffer from the same problem. To achieve real black you're getting halos and banding, with dimming on. The LG has the advantage of scanning light, and that's it.

The nomenclature is what differs and i can't see why. Most informed people already see edge-led as connotative to clouding issues, which is why Samsung added local dimming, although they didn't market it as backlit. I might be a stickler for wording, but it doesn't seem fare.

I just think this makes people jump to assumptions based on their knowledge of last years models, between these two models, if they don't read the entire review. Like a lot of people who think just because the 9705 has a 0.5ms (BEW) panel, it can't/won't suffer from motion issues, like most lcds with 4-5ms times.
By Martin
Thanks for the review!

Do you know the amount of input lag in game and standard mode? Is it equal with the LE8500?
By WolfRathmA
Hello everyone!

I bought the 47LX9500 and i have one question.

I see on the settings, on expert 1, that many of the options are not there or i can't change them.

I see different option when i activate the preset from "gaming".

Do you prefer some settings for playstation 3 and for gaming?

Thanks!
By Rasmus Larsen
Martin wrote:Thanks for the review!

Do you know the amount of input lag in game and standard mode? Is it equal with the LE8500?
Yes, equal to LE8500. At least in without the 400/480 Hz system.
By Rasmus Larsen
WolfRathmA wrote:Hello everyone!

I bought the 47LX9500 and i have one question.

I see on the settings, on expert 1, that many of the options are not there or i can't change them.

I see different option when i activate the preset from "gaming".

Do you prefer some settings for playstation 3 and for gaming?

Thanks!
If you can't change it, then just use the ones that I have suggested that you can change :) With some inputs not all setting options are active.

Your PS3 should be set up to display Limited RGB and Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr output. These settings are changed in the Display setup menu on PlayStation.
By PG1
Rasmus: did you mange to get into the service menu on this LX9500 ?

i must figure it out :)
as i said in the other post
there must be a way to turn ON local dimming in 3D mode in the service menu.

i have tested the LG classic servicemenu buttons
press MENU on remote and MENU on tv with no luck
By PG1
hey ditt danska wienerbröd!

answer the questions.

why didnt you got 6500k at the colours?
and what do you mean by increase the B gain?
i dont see any B gain on this tv
By PG1
men för fan är du dum i huvudet?
svar på frågorna för helvete

vad är det för jävla sida?

danskjävlar alltså haha
By black7floyd
I don’t know if it really deserves all the hype. The real time 3D that it renders is not as much as the ones that Samsung provides. The real time 3 D really sucks. It is damn blurred. I would give a 3.0 out of five for this one here.