A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By anpe008
Thanks a lot for the review and the comparison of the B850 with V10/5090H. I am thinking in these 3 after that the Samsung LCDs/LED-TV series "droped" out from the short-list.

So the rank would be then:
1) 5090H (if you have the money for that)
2) B850
3) V10
By Rasmus Larsen
Yeah personally that would be my ranking as well.

I wouldn't consider the Samsung LED-TV (at least not the B6000 and B7000, I haven't tested the B8000) due to the serious trailing issues I experienced during my testing period.
By anpe008
thanks the answer

I have one question for you. I have a good offer for a 5090 (not H
) + stand + DCS-580 Home Cinema Set + 3Y warrany for 4000 CHF (2700 EUR, 3700 USD).

It sounds great just i would like to ask your opinion about it as well.

1) I know it is "just"the 5090 not the 5090H but what i "lose" it just the DVB-S/Ethernet, right?

2)Or is there any difference between 5090h abnd 5090?

thanks in advance
By Joey
Hi,
I have 2 questions on Samsung's DLNA technology to stream music, video files over LAN.
Can Samsung B850 use the provided wifi dongle to connect to a wireless N LAN instead of a hardwired connection through the TV's Ethernet port for DLNA media streaming?

Reason being i do not have a router close to the TV for a hardwired connection to the TV. I understand a PC/Laptop is needed to install the PC Share Manager program to enable a drive for file sharing with the TV.

My second question is that i also have a LinkSys Media Hub within my home wireless LAN which is DLNA enabled, is the B850 able to detect the Media Hub or do i have to go through the PC/Laptop for the media Hub to be identified as a shared drive in the PC/Laptop.

I have done some searching on my query and i get 2 different answers from Samsung website. The US website explains that DLNA streaming only works via a HardWired connection thru the TV's ethernet port to the router. See http://www.samsung.com/us/pdf/dlna_guide.pdf

Another samsung website in Asia explains the TV is able to connect to a wireless LAN thru the wifi dongle for DLNA media streaming. See http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/lear ... ide_1.html
Tks any advice
By Rasmus Larsen
Joey: You don't have to use the PC Share Manager. The DLNA tech in the new Samsungs TVs can connect to other DLNA enabled devices as well. I didn't even try PC Share Manager but used Twonky instead. The TV also found my TVersity and Windows Media Player servers.

I'm not sure if it can find your Linksys Media Hub but my guess is that it can.

By the way: Some of our Danish users have reported that the wifi dongle is not included in Denmark. You have to buy it separately. I don't know if it's the same everywhere.
By jpmoore100
Hi there. I've read the two FlatpanelsHD reviews on the Samsung B850 and the Panasonic V10. I wanted to buy one of them for my living room which will get a LOT of natural sunlight. But I also don't have external speakers. As I understand it Samsung has anti-glare, but terrible sound. The Panasonic has good sound but no anti-glare.

Help, anyone!?
By Rasmus Larsen
Some users have reported problems with the B850 and a buzzing sound from the power supply. Pana V10 has some wrong magenta implementation in its THX profile and some de-interlacing issues.

Both are very good TVs, though, but none of them are perfect. I suggest that you try to see both in a store.
By anpe008
One more question.

I did not see anything that mentions the connections that the PS50B850 has on the back and on the side. Does it have optical out?

Maybe it is worth to have 1-1 pics about in the review.

Thanks in advance.

anpe008
By Rasmus Larsen
anpe008 wrote:One more question.

I did not see anything that mentions the connections that the PS50B850 has on the back and on the side. Does it have optical out?

Maybe it is worth to have 1-1 pics about in the review.

Thanks in advance.

anpe008
There's an overview at the beginning in the blue table.

I'll include a picture showing the back of the TV. Check back in later today :)
By Rasmus Larsen
mrodriguez81: I answered that earlier in this thread. it depends on your needs. None of the two are perfect.

Personally I would go for the Samsung B850, though. I don't like the design on the Panny.
By anpe008
Rasmus Larsen wrote: I'll include a picture showing the back of the TV. Check back in later today :)
1) Looks good. Where is it? :)

One more.

2) I went through the B850 thread as well in .dk. Is it correct that this TV does NOT have audio jack output?

I am planning to use my Headphone (jack) with it as well as hook my 2.1 PC soundsystem up. Or I would if there was any input for that. :)

3) How can i use them to that samsung? (optical to stereo conveter or what?)

Thanks in advance.
By LanWanMan
Hi there Ras.

I've just bought the Sammy PS50B850 largely because of the review you gave it, and I must agree that it is a beautiful TV.

The one problem I have at the moment is that I can't seem to understand what you've done with the colour settings in your calibration (Me being a noob no doubt :p ).

You have said that you leave the colour space to auto, yet when I do that I cannot configure any of the individual colours. Even when I do change it to custom, and look at the individual colour settings I don't see how I can set negative values (-23 as an example). The only other options I can find colour wise are things like colour temps (Example: Cool, Normal, Warm1, Warm2, Warm3).

Could you possibly assist with a description as to what I'm doing wrong? and please forgive my complete and utter noobishness with regards to this :/

Thanks in advance,

Chris