A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Rasmus Larsen
talkinboutshaft wrote:In the review, you say of the hx929

"Input lag was measured to 30 ms without MotionFlow. That is too high for serious FPS console gaming"

However, when I look at the recommended tvs for gaming, many have similar or worse input lag. For example, the PZ950 review says of that model

"Input lag was measured to 30-35 ms, making PZ950 a fine TV for gaming purposes such as console gaming"

:?

Is this a typo?
The difference is "serious". While most TVs in this range are fine for gaming, FPS games often require lower input lag values.
By Rasmus Larsen
Bandit wrote:I'd like to put my 2 cents in on screen reflections/mirroring of the high end glossy screens. I bought the Sharp 60" U835 in Nov 2011, sold my 52" XBR4 to older bro with my wall mount, my new Sharp sat on my 3t high console for over a week until my new Telihook wall mount came in. I was so dissapointed with the reflections in my open living area night or day, during the day I could see through my kitchen window 30' away to the neighbor's bricks outside their home~Grrrr!!

Well the mount finally came in, we mounted the TV about 3/4 up on an 8ft wall, angled down about 10-20 degrees downward so I could see sitting on my sofa 8ft away or standing in the kitchen 25ft away.
WOW, what a difference... like any mirror you angle down, you're going to lose anything on it's 0 degree plane, I say I went from total refections to 95% reflection free. And of couse angling your home TV is not the same as looking at a TV in Best Buy 10' up angled down slightly... so mount it/angle it down and don't worry about it after that!!

Thanks,
Bandit
Great advice! Really.
By baryburton
Hi Rasmus,

I'm between 55nx820 and Hx850.In our country 55nx820 is 550 $ but this is not important for me.Can you compare hx820,nx720 and hx850.I'll buy today or tomorrow,thanks in advance...
By brave75
Hi Rasmus, just one question about your review. I find strange in your final calibration report the cd/m2 is 103 when the target usually is 120. And also you report as target 160... ?!?

Could you explain which is the correct cd/m2 applying your calibration settings and confirm if the "ambient sensor" was on?

Last but not the least: after having reviewed the new HX850 it would be reasonable to replace my HX920 with it or not? Is the new model better with regards to 2D picture quality?

Thank you for your precious answer!! :)