A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By peedroo
Hi Rasmus,

First of all thank for your time making the review.

I have 3 questions, and i would be thankfull if you could answer them

1 - Regarding the mll you measured (0.06cd/m2) was this measured with Cinemasmooth ON or OFF?

2 - Can you tell me what is the major difference between choosing the color gamut NATIVE vs Auto? And why you prefer Native? (when i choose it, it seems to boost color saturation)

3 - Have you in your future plans review the 64D8000? I ask you this because it has been cleary stated in many forums that the contrast and black level performance are better.

Thanks in advance for your time

Peedroo
peedroo wrote: 1 - Regarding the mll you measured (0.06cd/m2) was this measured with Cinemasmooth ON or OFF?

2 - Can you tell me what is the major difference between choosing the color gamut NATIVE vs Auto? And why you prefer Native? (when i choose it, it seems to boost color saturation)

3 - Have you in your future plans review the 64D8000? I ask you this because it has been cleary stated in many forums that the contrast and black level performance are better.
1. I measured black depth with and wihtout Cinemasmooth - and with 24, 50 and 60 Hz inputs.

2. Native should give you the color gamut native to the signal. But I'm not sure that it does. Actually I can't remember that and it might be a copy/paste error. I will check into how D8000 works in regards to the gamut later today.

3. No sorry. No review. But it's true that the 64-inch version seems to have better black level performance. In 2010 the 63-inch model exhibited similar results.
By ppdrako
Hi Rasmus and thanks a lot for the excellent review,first of all : sorry about my bad english,in spite of the fact that i can understand you perfectly.I'd like you to compare the plasma D8000 whith the D7000,which are the differences between these tv's?,and don't forget to review the panasonic plasma st30 please ( a comparison whith the gt30 would be cool ),and finally which of these tv's is the best in sd tv? (at last much better than an old crt tv) ,'cause there's still a few hd channels,thank u very much for having me into flatpanels' viewers
By macruz1
@ Rasmus Larsen

Great review.

I was wondering, will you be reviewing the PS64D8000 model?

The main reason i'm asking is because the black level was much better on last years 63C7000 compared to the 50C7000.
By hm32hm
Hello Rasmus,
Thank You for the recent and detailed review. I;m looking after an adequate panel, for relatively bright living room. Your summary for 51D8000 plasma indicate it as such. I'm quoting side by side your brightness results (post calibration) on some of your latest reviews as following:

MODEL VT20 VT30 PS51D8000 D8000 (led)
BRIGHTNESS 83 89 126 128
BLACK L 0.03 0.02 0.06 0.03

Can we consider PS51D8000 after calibration to equivalent brightness level as it's LED brother ?
Thank you - Haim
(p/s sorry for missing alignment in the post compared to my data entry
By Breakout
Hi Rasmus,

After reading your excellent review I am now using a PS64D8000 with your custom settings... great viewing!

Your review states the US model has day and night settings but my Australian model does not.

Since most of my viewing is in a dark room at night do you recommend the use of a bias light behind the tv or change the settings in some way and no lights?