A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By dugg914
A quick (?) question for you please.
Is the Panasonic ET5 3D picture as good as, worse than, or the same as the LG 3D picture?
Thanks!
By bobbob
WOW Rasmus Larsen !!!! Are you sure you were reviewing the PANASONIC TX-L42ET5B ?????

I have owned a number of Panasonic Plasma TV's, and been very pleased with all of them, but when I decided I wanted 3D, following extensive research, decided on 'passive' 3D, & the Panasonic TX-L42ET5B as the best choice for me.
I am not interested in your calibration results, or any other detailed conclusions you may arrive at, what really matters to me (and 99.99999% of purchasers), is how the picture looks on their new telly !!!!!!
The blacks on the TX-L42ET5B are WAY better than the Panasonic Plasmas, the picture is Way clearer, and it uses approx 20% of the electricity of a plasma.
I tried the settings you recommended for the 'cinema' setting, and to be honest, they were 'OK' at best, but only when watching in a dark room, in any other setting they were useless. You can quote endless figures from your 'results', but what matters to the owner is how the picture on their new telly looks to them, and I am VERY happy with mine, and very glad that I changed from a plasma to this model. :p
By nirran
Hi! I'm new here and it's a great review! :)

One question tho, i have an TX-L47E5Y (not the ET5 model) but comparing these on panasonic website it looks like the biggest difference is the 3D(?)

Could i use the same settings on my TV as on the ET5 you think? Don't know so much about calibration :roll: But i think the picture looks good with these settings since I was lazy and just set the mode to dynamic before :/