A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
I am a newbie here, so if my first post is in the wrong place I'm sure you will speed me on my way to the correct location. :)

Great review of the GT50.
I want to start using my P50GT50 as a 2nd display to check the quality of my color grading of videos in DaVinci Resolve. So, I started nosing around with the settings to see if I could switch off overscanning and if I could set to 1080p rather than 1080i (FYI, I can set the Mac Pro output to the P50GT50 to 1080p, and the videos were all shot on Sony camcorders at 24p).

I found that a number of P50GT50 settings were greyed out and could not be adjusted, for example:
- Color management
- Color matrix
- 1080p pure direct
- 24p direct in.

I thought with the Smart VIERA Engine Pro I could control just about everything.
Why are these greyed out?
How can I make them live? (I assume they can be made live, or why list them).

BTW, I am in the US, if that makes a difference.
Thanks!
Some settings only apply to some kinds of input signals. If you're transmitting a 1080p signal from you Mac Pro then you are probably not doing it in 24Hz and that is why you're 24p direct in is greyed out. The 1080p pure direct is explained here: http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/us/vt_pl ... puredirect

I'm not sure about the color matrix since it was not on our EU model. The color management setting should be avilable with traditionel HDMI settings.

But basically, Panasonic tends to grey out setting options when they are not active; such as when you're inputting some specific frame rates, resolutions or color system signals.
Thank you, Rasmus.
Subsequent to my post, someone pointed out to me that there is an on-line manual that explains the details of the settings:
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMAN ... P_GT50.PDF

What a dummy, I didn't see the (fleeting) reference to the e-Help manual in the paper manual I got. The paper manual is a simple how-to-connect-and-operate manual, with nothing on the settings.

Thanks again.
Before starting using the P50GT50, it is necessary to check the quality of the color grading of videos in DaVinci Resolve. There is a need of checking the settings to see if I could switch off over scanning and if I could set it to 1080p rather than 1080i.
Kindergarten in Muscat
Last edited by Rahulcube on 21 Sep 2022, 12:27, edited 2 times in total.
hafiz_zain1515 wrote:I would like to ask, would you recommend this monitor over the U2711? I feel the comparison to the old one was a little lackluster, especially in the conclusion, so I thought I'd rather ask.
Which one? Think you have posted in the wrong thread. :)