A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Nemesis7884
yes...mistakes in the review, besides the review sounds really negative from the beginning...

i dunno i read several reviews about this and other tv's recently - all reviews claim the tv has an exceptional image quality and is pretty much the best tv you can buy regarding this so its kind of hard to understand why you cam to such a different conclusion...

it seems reading 5 reviews from the same tv can yield 5 different results...
By Rasmus Larsen
hristoslav2 wrote:
However, please notice that you cannot expect the same deep black levels from Philips TVs with passive 3D technology as these are based on LG’s panels that have some other advantages but weak black depth.
????
The inserted panel is Samsung (not LG) and this TV use 3D active.
http://forum.setcombg.com/%D1%82%D0%B5% ... post438194

LG not produce 46 "videopanels!
Produce 47 "
Clutter is - you can noт measure native contrast more than 1000:1 on IPS matrix.
Did you even read the review? I said that you cannot expect the same contrast ratio from Philips' TVs with passive 3D technology. THe 8007 has active 3D technology. I'm not talking about the 8007 but the cheaper ranges, simply because readers often ask if they can transfer our findings to cheaper models.

The 8007 seems to use a Sharp panel but we have not been able to confirm it.

Read the review.
By Rasmus Larsen
Nemesis7884 wrote:yes...mistakes in the review, besides the review sounds really negative from the beginning...

i dunno i read several reviews about this and other tv's recently - all reviews claim the tv has an exceptional image quality and is pretty much the best tv you can buy regarding this so its kind of hard to understand why you cam to such a different conclusion...

it seems reading 5 reviews from the same tv can yield 5 different results...
I cannot talk for other reviewers but what I can say is that I agree with very few in general.

You have our entire review process spelled out during the different sections. How often can you say that for a review?

There are no mistakes in the review...
By Nemesis7884
hmmm samsung tv's just seem to get very good reviews, especially the es8000 - but it did not impress me when i saw it...besides if you ask users a lot of them claim about unnatural colors, reflections and low quality... i dunno...im not sure if it even matter that much if one tv has a 2% better image quality - you wont recognise that anyway if you dont have another tv next to it to compare...

i have a philips plasma tv for 6 years! and didnt have issues with it once...i think they produce quality products...not sure about samsung...and one important factor is ambilight... people who have never had it will probably not be able to understand, but once you had ambilight on your tv, you cant really live without it anymore cause everything without ambilight just seems "lifeless" and dull...
By Rasmus Larsen
hristoslav2 wrote:
Rasmus Larsen wrote: The 8007 seems to use a Sharp panel but we have not been able to confirm it.

Read the review.
The panel is LTA460HQ (Samsung)
http://www.panelook.cn/LTA460HQ08_SAMSU ... 13820.html
Philips has used Sharp panels for many years but it is not uncommon to see panel sharing in certain TVs (not only for Philips but for many manufacturers). This is not a confirmation and we could be looking at different panels in 8007.

But the actual panel in the TV matters little in the end. A good panel is not a guarantee for a good TV as the picture circuit is the other part of the equation.
By Rasmus Larsen
Nemesis7884 wrote:hmmm samsung tv's just seem to get very good reviews, especially the es8000 - but it did not impress me when i saw it...besides if you ask users a lot of them claim about unnatural colors, reflections and low quality... i dunno...im not sure if it even matter that much if one tv has a 2% better image quality - you wont recognise that anyway if you dont have another tv next to it to compare...
Philips does not produce LCD panels so they are dependant on other manufacturers. If you feel that Samsung's TV panels are of low quality you will find that that should also apply to for example Sony, Philips, B&O, Loewe and others as all these manufacturers use Samsung panels - in addition to panels from other LCD manufacturers.

As said in my previous post, the LCD panels is only half of the equation but I don't find Philips' picture circuit better than other manufacturers' picture circuits.

I understand that you like Philips as a brand based on your experiences in the past but please notice that since you bought your last TV a lot of things have changed. Philips has stopped selling plasma TVs, stopped producing LCD panels together with LG, and the TV division has been sold to a Hong Kong-based company.

In our reviews we do not take into account past performance or brand value. We examine the TV and compare it to the market here and now. As far as we would mind, the logo could be covered as we attach no value to that.
By Nemesis7884
thx for your reply - i hear you...the one thing that concerns me a bit is when i look up the tv's that get the good but not great ratings, they usually get very good customer feedbacks on amazon and the such whereas all the "best / top" tvs like samsung get a lot of complaints, that makes me hesitant....the amazon feedback on the es8000 isnt that great - lots of quality issues
By Juan
Two months ago I bought the Philips 8007. I took this decission after looking many other TVs because it seemed to have good image quality, because of the sound system better than average for a flat TV and also because of the ambilight as for children this is important. Appart from this, it also has double core processor and qwerty keyboard in the remote.

After looking at it, I can confirm the sound is very good. Bass are not as good as in a Loewe with built in woofers, but in general sound is very good, in my opinion much better than Sony, Samsung or LG equivalent models.

Image is good but perhaps not the best. HD image is spectacular, I think as in almost every other high end models (Samsung, LG, Sony, Sharp, Panasonic, ...). I like the colors, the black depth is not perfect but yes ot is good enough and perhaps the only thing I do not like is about moving images as I always see a disturbing halo around moving objects, that for example in Samsung is not so evident.

If we focus in image quality I agree with the review that Samsung ES8000 seems to be better, but looking everything overall (sound, ambilight, ...) it simply depends on your preferences, as picture quality is good enough, specially in HD contents.

I am happy with the TV but at the same time it is clear it does not deserve the "highly recommended award" Rasmus gives to other models because image quality is simply average for a high model of LED TV. I can say that I agree with the review. Even I would say that in some aspects the review talks better about this TV than my personal opinion (for example in moving images or in black depth or clouding) but I repeat in general I agree with it.