A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Rasmus Larsen
PG1 wrote:To Rasmus:

im one click away to order this tv
do you think i will see a difference from my old LG47LX950 that is reference calibrated?
bigger screen yes but what about colors?
is there better colors on this even without xvColor content?
Well, I don't think you will see a drastic difference. LX950 was a pretty solid combination of an IPS panel with direct LED with local dimming. The local dimming system obviously also had a few issues.

No change in colors without xcColor-encoded content, except that W9 can be calibrated quite accurately with fairly good shadow detailing (LX950 suffered in this area because of local dimming).
By PG1
Rasmus Larsen wrote: Well, I don't think you will see a drastic difference. LX950 was a pretty solid combination of an IPS panel with direct LED with local dimming.
big difference!
this is like an OLED tv :)
also the microcontrast is better and no Halos around objects in dark scenes.
that makes the picture even deeper

i have measured the gamut and compare it to the best small OLED screen atm Samsung Galaxy S4
the W9 produces even more colors than the OLED screen.
what can i say
i dont need an OLED tv to get the extra colors..i have them now :)

By PG1
one Note Rasmus:
It is important to understand that Triluminos can expand the color gamut on a TV, but only if the content is encoded in the large color gamut.
that is not true
with the "Live Color" setting it expands the Gamut on all content (as you can see from my CIE chart)
the problem is that not all content look great
some looks oversaturated
some movies looks amazing so it differ alot

but you still need xvColor metadata in the stream to get correct colors for the wider gamut on the W9
AVCHD streams can contain xvColor data and i think some of them do.
By Porter
Dear Rasmus,

First off, thank you for your reviewes, they've helped me a lot!

Coming back on the question earlier regarding the W905 vs. F8000, I am too trying to deside between these tv's.
Based on the Rec. 709 spectrum, both tv's seem to be very accurate on producing correct colors.

However, after calibration there still seems to be a difference in picture (for example like Canon and Nikon with camera's).

Can you confirm this and tell me, in your own opinion, which is the most natural one (could the Sony colors be to warm/saturated or the Samsung a tad cold)?