A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By williambeekhuis
Great review, thanks! If there's one site who's reviews I trust, it's this one.

Is it possible to pause/rewind live TV when you have attached a USB drive?
By Rasmus Larsen
williambeekhuis wrote:Great review, thanks! If there's one site who's reviews I trust, it's this one.

Is it possible to pause/rewind live TV when you have attached a USB drive?
Yes. I don't know if there are local restrictions on Sony's USB recording function but on our version we could pause and rewind to the point in time where we switched to the TV channel.
By Rasmus Larsen
markiz wrote:Thanks for the review!
Please tell me what is the maximum brightness?
Backlight max.
Contrast max.
Sorry, didn't measure that. LCD panels have no problems reaching high brightness levels so we are not very concerned about this.

Are you looking to use the TV in a shop or something?
By Rasmus Larsen
markiz wrote:HX850 313 cd/m2
W905 239 cd/m2
Do HX850 brighter than W905? I do not believe it!
Only in the standard settings. But you can obviously increase backlight intensity on W9, too. This is possibly from the menu.

What you see in our out-of-box measurements are not max brightness level. And why would you want so high brightness anyway? Higher is definitely not better.
By jorger
Hi,
I was reading the comprehensive and solid review on the Sony W9 and Samsung F8000 as I hesitating which one to buy.
Considering that i have:
1) Apple TV
2) Apple devices (iphone, ipad, airport extreme/express), Apple TV
3) I have a fairly good hifi system 5.1 with good speakers
4) I'm not particularly interested on 3D

which of the 2 will you recommend considering that both have same price?
thanks!
By ppdrako
Hi Rasmus, Did you see any banding or DSE issue on the W905 , please ? . ( I'm counting the days for the F8500 review ) . Thank u !
By Rasmus Larsen
jorger Since you already have an Apple TV, Samsung and Sony's Smart TV features are irrelevant to you. Apple TV is a far superior choice in my view. I think it pretty much comes down to your priorities for design, brand, and well yeah price (but since they are equal in this regards it doesn't matter).

I think Samsung F8000 and Sony W9 are very similar in many regards. They have the same overall advantages and disadvantages. I wouldn't be able to pick one definite winner of the two.
By Rasmus Larsen
ppdrako wrote:Hi Rasmus, Did you see any banding or DSE issue on the W905 , please ? . ( I'm counting the days for the F8500 review ) . Thank u !
No banding issues noticed, so that's great. DSE don't generally occur with VA type panels and I didn't notice anything on Sony W9 either. Not from panel nor picture processing engine.
By jorger
Hi Rasmus,
thanks for your answer. it is the same conclusion I got after reading many reviews. I think I will go with Sony as I did for the last 20 years... I trust on the experience they have in doing TVs and being market leaders. I also suspect they will be naturally more "friendly" to potential Apple integration than Samsung for obvious reasons.
By PG1
To Rasmus:

im one click away to order this tv
do you think i will see a difference from my old LG47LX950 that is reference calibrated?
bigger screen yes but what about colors?
is there better colors on this even without xvColor content?

i was angry to see that the LG tv didnt make any improvements from my Mastered in 4K Blu rays haha
so the only solution is to buy a Triluminos tv ;)