A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
Thanks for the review Rasmus!

I am a bit surprised though about you comments about input lag, for F8500 you write:

"After we changed a few settings we measured input lag to 38-45 ms, which is not impressive for a plasma TV. We had expected better and console gamers should consider Panasonic’s TVs to get optimal performance."

And for the ST60 you write:

"The great motion reproduction obviously also translates into quite good gaming picture quality. However, we did experience some input lag on our version of ST60. It was a bit too high, but after we activated the game mode we found gaming quite enjoyable. We are not hardcore console gamers but we know how frustrating input lag can be. Our measurements came it at the same level of many LCD TVs at between 35 and 45 ms (with game mode activated). Not a perfect result but fair, unless you are very enthusiastic."

These are the exact same numbers for input lag, but still the ST60 is refered to as "not perfect" but the F8500 is refered to "Get a Panasonic"? :)
Yeah I see your point :) Maybe just the expectations game.

But when I said to "Get a Panasonic" I was referring to the VT60 that has lower input lag, especially considering that F8500 is a high-end model, so I think it is important to compare it directly to VT60.

Up to 45 ms input lag is not critical by any means but just not top notch. That is my main point.
shaiju_o_thomas wrote:Hi,

What is your source device and why is the HDMI Black Level set to Low?

Shaiju
We use different source devices, both a PC and a PS3. HDMI Black level basically control the video levels vs. PC levels. It depends on the setup in your home but for some cases you might want to use HDMI Black Level on Normal, yes.
Thank you, Rasmus.

My source is Panasonic BDT220. It is set to 4:2:2 and 24p. On this setting I can't change the HDMI Black Level and it defaults to Normal.

I changed to RGB enhanced and the blacks were clipped at both Low and Normal. Can you post settings with 4:2:2 and Normal?

Thanks for the detailed review.