A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
Hello Rasmus,

Do you know if the 42 inch version of the w829 has the same VA type panel as the active 3D 50 inch you reviewed? Professional reviews peg the black level of the active 3D w829 as 0.042, which approximately matches the 42w705. My concern would be that as the 42 inch w829 uses passive 3D, it might have a completely different panel and thus inferior blacks to both of those screens. I'd rather buy a 705 with proven levels than take a chance on a variant panel in the 42w829 that might be from LG and not the AUO one that seems to be in the other TV's. Having said that though, I have seen the 42w705 and 42w829 side by side in a shop environment and could not see noticeably inferior black response.

Many thanks indeed,

E.
Ethanc wrote:Do you know if the 42 inch version of the w829 has the same VA type panel as the active 3D 50 inch you reviewed?
I'm still trying to confirm this, but I haven't been able to so far.

But VA panels with passive 3D certainly exist. Sony had 4K TVs with VA panels and passive 3D last year.
Thanks Rasmus, I would be very interested to find out. On asking Sony technical all I got was that the panel supplier and type was confidential, which is understandable, but not if the performance of a screen with the same model number differs depending on size and the manufacturer has not clearly stated the difference.
Hi,

I have a Sony KDL-42W805B.

I put the TV in the Wall, and it was not easy because i want to be able to turn the TV 90 degree. and this i how i did it. I use the WALL 2245 - Full-Motion TV Wall Mount (white).

I adapt the TV to Work properly. the picture is self explanatory

best regards,
John