Questions regarding FlatpanelsHD reviews will be answered here.
By Perljack
#7362 I noticed that a few updates for Sony's Android TV have been released over the last few weeks. Have they changed anything in regards to speed and stability on the TV?
By Torben Rasmussen
#7368 Some. I can still make the X90 that we have sitting on the bench crash. In terms of speed it varies quite a lot depending on how the set is operated. If I start the set using Google Cast things tend to run rather sluggish, but if I do a clean reboot into the home menu and let it sit for a while it responds better. It still feels rather slow compared to e.g. the Shield.
By Torben Rasmussen
#7410 We didn't touch the contrast setting. Leave it at default.
By doja
#7427 In the review you say: "...since X85C only uses direct LED but not local dimming zones, it is irrelevant. It will never be able to reproduce HDR"
At IFA Sony says that will bring HDR support to X85C via firmware update, so where's the glitch?
By Torben Rasmussen
#7432 HDR essentially requires local dimming to yield anything. You cannot boost highlights and dim shadows at the same time using a non-local dimming system. Yes, it will be able to READ the format, but you won't be able to benefit from it.
By bp787
#7466 Thanks for the review. You mentioned some slight issues with the edges in some scenes. A number of owners (myself included) have noticed way more than "slight" discolorations on the edges. We have seen that the edges are often blueish and the problem is exacerbated by the picture mode used. It's very dependent upon which scene is used. I have seen it on three different sets now using the same test videos.

Can you describe in more detail what you were seeing?
By bp787
#7467 Hi again, I'm adding a link to a video clip and picture to show the edge blooming I was speaking of. Would you be able to test this on the x85c?
I'm trying to determine if it's my set or all of them. So far I've seen 2 that do it really terribly and a third that is "ok".

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...leedTest_2.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Sony_Vivid.png

Thanks!
By Torben Rasmussen
#7472 I can't access the files.