A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By bigboy678
You mention that OLED technology isnt as efficient as they want us to believe yet. I was wondering how could they improve the efficiency of OLED panels
128ms out of box and 57ms "game mode" (wtf?) input lag on LG EG9600 (4K OLED).

Please tell me what the hell these tv techs think game mode is supposed to mean, and why in the world they think they need to buffer 3.5 frames.

These numbers are patently ridiculous, and we really need to call the manufacturers out on crap like this. ;;)
Louxor007 wrote:Hi,
In calibration, you are to forget brightness number!!!
If it's possible to give ,
Regards
Laurent
47. Sorry about that.
bigboy678 wrote:You mention that OLED technology isnt as efficient as they want us to believe yet. I was wondering how could they improve the efficiency of OLED panels
I don't think we'll see huge improvements just yet. The move towards 4K and HDR really took a huge leap in power consumption, but basically they need to figure out how to make the diodes more energy efficient and that is going to be a journey. LCD improved the power consumption as they moved to edge-lit LED, but as you can't do that for OLED (every pixel is a LED), you need to work with the LED's themselves in order to improve things.
By Grylls
Any chance you're going to test the cheaper EG920V at some point? It's already up for sale in the local Elkjøp here (that would be Elgiganten for you). I could honestly not tell what the difference was in picture quality compared to the 960 standing right next to it. The WebOS 2.0 felt a bit slower/more laggy, so I guess it's a cheaper processor. And the sound (Not like it matters) was somewhat "cheaper" as well.
Grylls wrote:Any chance you're going to test the cheaper EG920V at some point?
No plans at the moment but we might take a few more TVs in for testing later this year. EG920 looks interesting.