A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Rasmus Larsen
tjcinnamon wrote:How do things look with weaker 720p video? Real curious about the upscaler compared to let's say a Sony 940D or 930D. I noticed you said it crushes and perhaps accentuates blacks on a less quality input signal

Also, I'm a PC gamer. Is it possible to push the B6 or E6 greater than 60FPS?
Sony's picture processor is definitely better with low-resolution content.

You mean like 120fps for HD? We didn't check, sorry, and we have sent the TV back.
By Rasmus Larsen
pgice wrote:About tracking DCI-P3 instead of rec2020 for HDR10 content
can you explain more as i dont get it.
We have been talking more to LG about it since the review and it appears to be some kind of compatibilty issue with the current UHD Blu-ray players and LG E6. I'm not sure who is to blame but it appears that there is some signaling issue. LG says that it cannot solve the issue without the help of Samsung and Panasonic that should push out updates for their players, too. The parties are currently looking into it, it seems.

It seems to be related to HDMI inputs only so I guess that it would also show up wrong if you feed it with Dolby Vision content via HDMI. We only have Dolby Vision content stored on USB devices for now.
By Pmatt
The review says that WebOS 3.0 includes HBO Go. Is that correct? My understanding was that HBO was removed in WebOS 2.0.

I just got a B6 yesterday, and it does not have HBO Go, nor could I find it in the LG content store.

Does the E6 definitely have it? If so, am I missing something about how to get it on a B6?
By Torben Rasmussen
We have learned from the guys at HDTVtest.co.uk that the issue with HDR10 and BT.2020 tracking has been corrected in the current firmware. I have updated the review accordingly.
By Whatamada
Hey guys!

I'm getting more and more curious about upgrading to a 4K and HDR compatible screen. I'm currently using the Panasonic VT60, a GREAT TV in almost every sense.
But, I'm not really rich enough to get the E6, will you be reviewing the less expensive B6 from LG?
By Rasmus Larsen
No plans to review B6 but it according to those who have compared it to E6 it has more or less identical picture quality. Main difference is that B6 has no 3D and slightly higher input lag. And then of course the obvious differences: design, speakers etc.

We wait for the 2017 LG OLEDs to arrive before taking in more LG TVs for review.
By Whatamada
Rasmus Larsen wrote:No plans to review B6 but it according to those who have compared it to E6 it has more or less identical picture quality. Main difference is that B6 has no 3D and slightly higher input lag. And then of course the obvious differences: design, speakers etc.

We wait for the 2017 LG OLEDs to arrive before taking in more LG TVs for review.
Ah, I see. Thanks for replying though =)
I´m very excited about the future of OLED. It seems like they´ve already surpassed the image quality of my Panasonic VT60 and are still going strong.
Although LG is spearheading the development and manufacturing, it hurts to switch brand from Panasonic. The memories! :((

Looking forward to 2017´s lineup non the less :)
By Whatamada
I´ve read that Panasonic is working on another OLED, I also have a wage memory of reading a rumor that Panasonic actually could be working on two sets of OLED.

I´m really hoping for this, partly because Panasonic is my go to brand, and if they produce two sets one of them will probably not cost as much as a years worth of rent :p

LG has made a killer move in lowering the price on the B-series, it´s still quite a lot of money, but compared to what you´re getting for the same money on a LCD, it´s a no-brainer for me :)
By Whatamada
Rasmus Larsen wrote:Our review of LG E6 is online. It is one of the 2016 OLED TVs with 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, webOS 3.0 and Harman Kardon speakers.
Link: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php? ... 1465365585

If you have questions please use this thread.

Enjoy.
I'm looking at getting the E6 unless January carries great news in the oled front.
But, how would you compare the E6 to the Panasonic VT60? I know it's a long way back, but it's what I use know and I'm very short of complaints. So if the E6 is in the same league, or better, I will be satisfied :)

All the best and happy holidays!