A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By f900
Hi,

Unfortunately I can't help but when I mentioned in my previous post that the darks might be a bit too dark for me, I meant exactly what you are experiencing (you explained it a lot better though!).

I talked to my B&O dealer about it (along with the other issues) and apart from playing with the contrast and brightness, they didn't find a fix for it...
If they do on your side by messing around in the service menu, please post it as I'll be interested as well...

Cheers,
All,

Today my dealer officially installed the Beovision 10 and used the service menu to adjust the colours / my complaint about the darkness of the screen. He increased the basic colours (blue/red/green), added some brightness and increased a peak level of some kind. Again: in the service menu. I tried to figure out how he entered the service menu with a Beo 4 and think he double-clicked some keys (numbers / go) while being in the setup menu for DTV.
All in all, I am quite ok with the picture now, but because in the end the way you look at a picture is very personal I would like to take some time and experiment with the service menu myself. Please let me know if anybody knows how to enter the service menu in a Beovision.

Thanks,

Jeroen