A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Rasmus Larsen
About the 9664 review. I hope to have it online next week.

Next week we will also publish our Sony Z5500 review and Samsung XL2370 review.
By wikke
Rasmus, thanks for your great review! I really would like to buy this TV, but Philips says that they cannot deliver this TV to the scandinavian countries. I have been in waiting list since december -09 and they always promise to deliver it after 2 weeks and again after 2 weeks... Now the latest promise is in week 9... :/ Soon Sony will release their new models and they look intresting. I wonder if Sony is able to sell their TVs in Scandinavian coutries. Before this Philips, I was waiting for Sony X4500 model for 3 months, but I didn't get it. Now it is already out of production.
Small update on this message... As usual, Philips gave me an empty promises, again. Now they said that the next delivery will be in the end of march... I wonder if anyone was able to have this TV...
Last edited by wikke on 09 Mar 2010, 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
By hsommer
I'm confused with Philips and their product life cycles and could use a clarification on this one:
I thought Philips introduces new models on IFA (august), whereas others do it on CES (January), and I thought that 9704 was a relatively new product, available since Q4 2009.
Finally, the review is here and 3 weeks later, they announce the 2010 range with 9705 series. Did they have to make new announcements earlier because others (among other things) have 3D in their product ranges and Philips didn't. /9704 as a top range TV was a bit underspec'd with contrast of only 80000:1 and others mentioning millions/.

So, maybe to keep things a bit more organized, I'd like to see in the reviews on the spec sheet things like:

Backlight: (CCFL/LED/backlight LED with local dimming)
Year/moth introduced and made available:
By Rasmus Larsen
hsommer wrote:I'm confused with Philips and their product life cycles and could use a clarification on this one:
I thought Philips introduces new models on IFA (august), whereas others do it on CES (January), and I thought that 9704 was a relatively new product, available since Q4 2009.
Finally, the review is here and 3 weeks later, they announce the 2010 range with 9705 series. Did they have to make new announcements earlier because others (among other things) have 3D in their product ranges and Philips didn't. /9704 as a top range TV was a bit underspec'd with contrast of only 80000:1 and others mentioning millions/.
Yeah, I agree. On IFA 2009 Philips told us (as well as other sites) that 3D was not really a Philips thing before it could be done without glasses. I guess they changed their mind after CES 2010 :)

I also think that Philips has had some serious issues supplying retailers with the 9704H and 9664H because of panel shortages. Guess that's why they have announced new sets. The interesting part is what panels Philips will be using. Most high-end models from past years have been using Sharp panels.