A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Rasmus Larsen
onefortheother wrote:-- as for your review. you say there isn't any black crush. i haven't calibrated my set so far, but I definitely do get black crush in many content. for example: edge of tomorrow, guardians of the galaxy, divinci's code. was that comment based off of original LG settings (standard/cinema), or was it after you did your calibration?
From what source? Is it set up correctly? Black crush is often a result of video version PC levels (it is sometimes called RGB High vs. Low).
LucasBeatz wrote:We have nice discount in Czech, but Im little bit worried - during the daytime, will not the oled look significantly darker and washed out in HDR against my Sony XE93 when displaying content like Planet Earth and games like Horizon which takes a lot of brightness of whole screen? I dont like to use stuff like dynamic contrast to brighten picture up. Also does the upscaling is significantly worse again Sony`s extreme 1 chip TVS? thank you.
I don't think OLEDs look washed out in daylight, mainly since it consists of only one layer so light cannot bounce around inside the panel. The coating is also very effective and I would say that by now 2017 OLED panels are bright enough even for very bright living environments. It's true that the ABL still kicks in but even watching things like winter sports is no problem in our living room and we have very large windows on three sides.
By Alex G
Hello,

O would like to know If enabling the option "Just Scan" would cancel the "pixel Shift" mechanism.

Thakyou in advance!