A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
Thank you for your review. Could you answer some questions I have?

1. Are there any audio output delays when resuming playback of a video? I'm not talking about the audio not being in sync with the video, but the video already playing on screen with the audio taking an additional second to start being heard?

2. How long does switching HDMI inputs take?

3. Do the surrounds make any noise (like a hiss) during quiet scenes or are they silent when listening from about 3-4 feet away? There are some sound bars from different manufacturers (Samsung K950) that do this.
Thinking about a similar set up too. Already have the HT-NT5 and going to be buying a X9300D TV soon.

Does having the zr5 or zr7 for a 5.1 system make a lot of difference? Or is the sound bar by itself good enough for movies and casual music listening?

If so, you mentioned the zr5 is better for value, could a average consumer (not audiophile) be able hear the difference from a zr7?
Didn't think anyone would review the HT-NT5 with the rears so thank you very much.
I also own a NT5 & have considered the ZR7 & 5 to add surround sound.
I had the Samsung HW-K950 which did sound much better than the NT5 but cost 3 times as much, the rears hissed & the bass was overpowering.

for the extra £300 would you say adding 2 ZR5's makes movies sound much better?

Thanks again
ppchen1026 wrote:Thinking about a similar set up too. Already have the HT-NT5 and going to be buying a X9300D TV soon.

Does having the zr5 or zr7 for a 5.1 system make a lot of difference? Or is the sound bar by itself good enough for movies and casual music listening?

If so, you mentioned the zr5 is better for value, could a average consumer (not audiophile) be able hear the difference from a zr7?
Two zr5 along with the HT-NT5 will add another dimention because you get much more audio impact hence the surround sound. But not everyone fancy that. So it is completely up to you. If you buy a place where you can return the zr5's you can test it out for yourself, and see if it is worth the extra money.

ZR5 vs ZR7, well you dont need to be audiophile to hear the difference, but maybe to appreciate the subtle differences... So just try out zr5 :)
shinken wrote:Didn't think anyone would review the HT-NT5 with the rears so thank you very much.
I also own a NT5 & have considered the ZR7 & 5 to add surround sound.
I had the Samsung HW-K950 which did sound much better than the NT5 but cost 3 times as much, the rears hissed & the bass was overpowering.

for the extra £300 would you say adding 2 ZR5's makes movies sound much better?

Thanks again
I am actually testing the K950 rigt now, and yes it does sound much better, but not 3 times. And the rears hissing sound is annoying me quite a bit, so "great" to know i'm not the only one being annoyed - my wife can't hear it...

As I wrote to ppchen, it is completely up to you. I really like the surround sound, but i watch blu-rays and netflix/hbo every day... Movies are "designed" for surround sound, so a 5.1 set up will give you the sound the film-crew wanted.

Try and find a retailer where you can test it for 14 days or so, and make up your own mind.
Hello! Thanks for the review. I have one question. Can you send the audio from the HDMI or Optical in to multiple speakers in a multiroom set up? Not as surround. But as a multiroom whole house audio? (I.e. I want to hear the match from the TV in the kitchen, bathroom, etc. )
Hi, Yes you can send the same audio the soundbar is receiving to different speakers like the SRS-ZR5 which can be placed in another room.
I ended up getting 2 ZR5's for rear speakers and really like the improvement