Feedback and suggestions on the forums
By Dodgexander
Hi, first time poster here but a big fan of the site, TV reviews are limited and its great to see such a resource!

I posted this a bit in the comments for the overview articles for Samsung but I thought I would give some more constructive feedback here.

On the 2016 overview article for Samsung, it mentions the KU60xx isn't available in the US, but on rtings.com they mention the KU60xx is actually the KU6300 there. Similarly they mention the KU7xx there is the KU64xx here.

On your overview article it refers to the KU60xx as having no US model and the KU64xx US model to be the KU63xx in the US. Could this be incorrect?

Likewise Samsung seem to be playing name games with its KS series. On the overview here it mentions the KS7000 isn't sold in the US, yet on rtings.com it says the KS8000 there is the same as the KS7000 here and the KS9000 there is the KS8000 here.

I know there are very little differences in PQ, but it may be worth updating the articles if this is true? They are collecting serial numbers in each of there reviews now so it could be a good source of info to update the overview article!

By Rasmus Larsen
Thanks for the feedback. Samsung's new naming scheme is surely confusing. Just consider Samsung's decision to sell an edge-lit KS9500 in the US and a backlit KS9500 in Europe (and calling the same KS9800 in the US). They shouldn't be allowed to, in my opinion, considering that consumers nowadays search for information on the internet.

I'm not entirely convinced Rtings.com's information is accurate either. I've based our overview on feedback from Samsung. It could obviously be wrong but I need more than just one other review site's feedback on the matter.
Likewise Samsung seem to be playing name games with its KS series. On the overview here it mentions the KS7000 isn't sold in the US, yet on rtings.com it says the KS8000 there is the same as the KS7000 here and the KS9000 there is the KS8000 here.
Main difference between KS7000 and KS8000 in Europe is design / twin-tuner. Picture quality is more or less identical. Of course you could argue that US KS9000 in that way more closely resembles EU KS8000 but in practice these TVs are more or less technical identical. So in essence it is probably a question about what you consider the more significant difference? Twin-tuner, design etc?

I just think it would be wildly confusing to start grouping together KS7000 / KS8000. That's why I also separated US KS9800, US KS9500, EU KS9500 and EU KS9500 in the overview.
By Dodgexander
Thanks for your reply. Perhaps it would be better grouping the tv's in to different section like you have done with the overview specs at the bottom of the page. That way you could include each TV in to its own section rather than separating each model when there's so little difference.

For example, instead of having separate KU6000, 6100. 6400, 6600 etc you could have a title similar to KUxx series, there common features (incl PQ) and then subtitles for the differences.

eg

Samsung KUxxx series
10 bit panel
Quad core
VA panel
Edge Lit
etc

Curved Models:
KU6100
Wireless N
Standard Remote
KU6300
Wireless AC
Multi Remote
KU6670
Wireless AC
Multi Remote

Flat Models:
KU6000
Wireless N
Standard Remote
KU6400
Wireless AC
Multi Remote

Separating per region and having this might simplify things a lot for readers.
By Dodgexander
Thanks Rasmus, yeah the new layout is nice! I'm looking forward to hearing more about the new Sony sets, in particular the budget direct lit ones.