A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By peterv
Thanks for the interesting review. Would there be a technological predicament for the Airplay 2 protocol to create a WiSA like wireless surround system with future updates? Bandwith- or speed-wise or other?
By juan.perez
Hey great review, very detailed and examines the Homepod from a home user perspective. I also have experienced the delay between homepod and Apple TV hdmi audio, it’s just a few ms but noticeable. Regarding volume, when I play Apple Music from the Apple Tv app the volume is definitely louder, when playing through Siri the homepod is quieter for some reason. Again great conscious review and nice writing style, I’ll be honest I though by looking at the site name (flatpanelshd) that this would be some kind of generic/press review just to place ads, but I commend you for actually analyzing and testing the product, in fact it’s one of the most detailed reviews on the web.
By Rasmus Larsen
peterv wrote:Thanks for the interesting review. Would there be a technological predicament for the Airplay 2 protocol to create a WiSA like wireless surround system with future updates? Bandwith- or speed-wise or other?
Sorry Peter. I missed your questions back in the days. I think yes, that's the approach Apple is taking here.

I hope that Apple will soon take advantage of object-based audio formats on HomePod. We all know Dolby Atmos but we are also seeing object-based formats for music emerge. I think that's definitely something that Apple has been aware of in developing HomePod.

We also now know that starting with iOS/tvOS 13, AirPlay 2 devices can be used in home automation. The possibilities are exciting.
By Rasmus Larsen
juan.perez wrote:Again great conscious review and nice writing style, I’ll be honest I though by looking at the site name (flatpanelshd) that this would be some kind of generic/press review just to place ads, but I commend you for actually analyzing and testing the product, in fact it’s one of the most detailed reviews on the web.
Thanks Juan! Please come back for our TV reviews and news articles :) I'm sure you will find that FlatpanelsHD is worth your time.
By diceffetty
Great review. As already said, thanks for taking the time and sharing with us. I can see this one making our resource threads.
By Rasmus Larsen
With the upcoming fixes and new features in tvOS 14.2, Apple has now addressed most of points of criticism since publication of this review in December 2018.

vOS 14.2 on Apple TV 4K supports wireless game audio with HomePods
HomePod gains 'Home Theater', Atmos & permanent Apple TV pairing

It's always great to see a product receive continuous updates to fix limitations and add significant new features.