A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By hristoslav2
Q90T/Q95T also supports HDMI VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) and FreeSync, with a 20-120Hz frequency range for 1080p. Samsung informs us that together with HDMI 2.1, VRR will reach up to 120Hz for 4K, although we are unable to examine any HDMI 2.1 related claims until we get our hands on HDMI 2.1 equipment.
Yes - 120, but there is still a frame rate range in which the TV supports VRR / FreeSync / GSync. Formally, 40-120 and all these numbers are reprinted, but in practice it is not so simple to test and verify. If the frame rate is below 40, LFC should work, in principle. Although LFC can be implemented by the transmitter and, for example, the same Xbox X is responsible for it.

Can you ask Samsung if they support Low Framerate Compensation (LFC)?
With a score of 79% compared to last year Q90R's 82%, the Q90T appears to be truly the evolutionary successor to the Q80R, as this is where we'd expect its successor to land this year - just below the Q90R. Samsung slightly lowered the launch price of the Q90T compared to last year's Q80R, so overall, I think this is generally as expected for consumers as they can now get the Q80R update at a lower launch price.

Additionally, Filmmaker Mode was literally released last week, will you be able to update your review to include it? I noticed that it only changed motion, while transferred over my Movie calibration settings.
hristoslav2 wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 09:25
Can you ask Samsung if they support Low Framerate Compensation (LFC)?
They do. All Samsung TVs with Freesync Premium (2020 models Q70T and higher) are equipped with Freesync Premium which also includes
both LFC and HDR support during gaming over compatible Freesync gaming hardware. See AMD's supported TVs that have LFC/HDR support: https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-tvs
FOMOMediaTeam wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 08:09Additionally, Filmmaker Mode was literally released last week, will you be able to update your review to include it? I noticed that it only changed motion, while transferred over my Movie calibration settings.
Unfortunately, the firmware update with Filmmaker Mode is still pending Europe and we have returned Q95T. Hopefully we will get a chance to check it out on a 2020 Samsung TV later this year.
badcatsclaws wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 15:47 Thank you for the review. Will you also review Sony X950H? I would wait for your review before purchasing if you plan to publish review. Thank you again.
No plans, sorry. But we have just received Sony X900H.
mircea.goia wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 09:56 The subtitle example (Hellboy) cannot be seen, I don't have any play button. Can you please check? Thanks.
It's not a video. It's a slider bar that you can slide from left to right.

If you have javascript blocked, please unblock it as it uses javascript.
During a Live Chat with a Samsung Singapore agent this September, I was told VRR via HDMI Forum is not supported on any of their QLED models. Only FreeSync is supported. Thus, G-Sync will never work on them.