A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
We have published our full review of Panasonic HZ2000. It is the successor to GZ2000. Besides the modified OLED panel, it also comes with Filmmaker Mode, HDMI eARC, and Dolby Vision IQ. Review here: https://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php ... 1602485328

If you have questions please use this thread.

Enjoy.

Note: As a new initiative we are converting the pre-review question thread to the general review. Posts relating to the actual review start from this post.
Hey there!

I have a few questions...

The Dolby Vision Vivid preset seems to be the brightest and most visually appealing. I'm assuming its not as accurate as Dolby Vision Dark though? Dark does seem very dim by comparison, especially in a room with moderate ambient light. Which is recommended? IQ perhaps? As that provides 'the best of both worlds' and adapts to the lighting?

Also, could you explain what the Dynamic HDR Effect option does? And explain why it is often greyed out (and set to off) when watching content on Amazon Prime? I wondered if that's because Prime was outputting HDR10+ and so that takes priority over whatever Dynamic HDR Effect does?

In that same sub menu is 'HDR Brightness Enhancer'. Is there any reason to not set that to its highest setting?

Talking of HDR10+, is there a way of seeing when its actually being utilised? I'm talking mostly about streaming on services like Amazon Prime.

Ive noticed that Dolby Vision IQ sets its Sharpness to 30. What is the best sharpness setting on Panasonic TV's? I've always thought it would be 0, so was surprised to see it set so high.

Regarding the Luminance Level setting, is it entirely dependent on what the ambient light is like in your room? Or is there a number its best set to? Should you be adjusting it frequently depending on lighting?

Is losing a small amount of brightness worth the improvements to motion clarity that BFI offers on Min? And would increasing the Luminance Level slightly offset it?

Finally, I'm finding that I'm constantly having to adjust the volume of the set. Some sounds are too loud (explosions, big noise etc) , and some are too quiet (dialogue). Anything you would recommend tweaking in the settings?

All the best guys. Cant wait for the review!
Implexus: Sorry, had missed your question. After the coronavirus lock-down we needed a few weeks of real vacation so all the 3 upcoming TV reviews have been slightly delayed. They should be online within 10-14 days from now.

Thomas: Thanks. Will try to answer in the review or here in the thread after publication.
Rasmus Larsen wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 04:56 Implexus: Sorry, had missed your question. After the coronavirus lock-down we needed a few weeks of real vacation so all the 3 upcoming TV reviews have been slightly delayed. They should be online within 10-14 days from now.

Thomas: Thanks. Will try to answer in the review or here in the thread after publication.

Hi there,

one month passed since your response and the review hasn't been published yet.

Can you provide some update?

I have also one other question:
In the meantime I have bought this TV and I would like to know if that that particular TV you have for the review emits a high frequency sound (coil whine) from the power supply.

I have constant high-pitched buzz/whine coming from my HZ2000 whether it's on or in standby state. It's not loud (but still noticeable) and my ears start ringing after some time of watching (2-3 hrs).

Many thanks for your answer.
We actually haven't even seen OLED935 in person yet. We would normally get a chance to see the new Philips high-end models at IFA but the show was cancelled this year due to coronavirus :(

But surely, OLED935 looks promising and based on OLED805, I'm fairly certain that it's a great TV with even significantly better speakers.
Some people have reached out to us to ask about the 24Hz bug and yes it's still there on HZ2000 but it's so subtle that we didn't spot it during out testing with real content. As mentioned in the relevant sections, our HZ2000 review should be read in combination with our GZ2000 review. We didn't want to go over every detail of a very, very similar TV again.