A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By johnhatz4
First of all thanks for the review! Great work.

I am owner of 40pfl5605 and i tried the calibration settings you recommend. Even though when i use THX optimizer 2.0 from a dvd the results are great, i find picture a little bit darker than normal when i am watching movies. I feel like i am losing details from the picture.
I think this is happening due to contrast level which is 45 (from your settings) instead of 80 (philips cinema setting).
Am i doing something wrong?
By Rasmus Larsen
johnhatz4 wrote:First of all thanks for the review! Great work.

I am owner of 40pfl5605 and i tried the calibration settings you recommend. Even though when i use THX optimizer 2.0 from a dvd the results are great, i find picture a little bit darker than normal when i am watching movies. I feel like i am losing details from the picture.
I think this is happening due to contrast level which is 45 (from your settings) instead of 80 (philips cinema setting).
Am i doing something wrong?
The contrast settings are pretty much just a backlight setting. You can increase it which will increase the overall light output coming from the backlight but it can't really improve detailing in the darker areas. The 45 contrast is optimized for dark rooms so you should increase it if you're watching a lot of TV during daytime :)

The problem with detailing in some of the darker colors happens because of the wrong gamma on 5605H. If gamma is not 2.2 you will often loose detailing in darker colors. Unfortunately we were not able to get a perfectly accurate gamma on 5605H.
By EVILid
Hello

On a German forum, many users complain that the sound of TV goes off several times an hour, whatever the source. you think that?

Do you think this tv is good for playing video games? Dynamic contrast is really switched off? Because the 7605 is not

thank you
By Mr.C
Currently I am in search for an appropriate television. But this is easier said than done. In advance, I have already identified two interesting candidates. This is the Philips 5605H and the Samsung C6000. Fortunately, you have tested those two TVs. Now I would like to know what would you prefer of the two.

These points are important to me!

1st Which of the two makes the better picture? HD or SD
2nd Which has representation from both the better movement??
3rd Which of the two mirror less on the use day?
4th Which one has the better sound?

Thank you in advance ever

Mr.C
By stenli
Hi there!

I own a 40PFL5625. I tried the settings from the review. I have the same feeling about the low contrast level and I tried to increase it to 53. In the same time I increased and the brightness level to 53 and I think that the things look better.

What do you think, is the increase of the contrast by 8 points and the brightness level by 3 points too much? Is the calibration ruined?

Does someone know a way to check the calibration settings of a STB?

Thanks for the settings and for the great review?