A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By noam.kn
I think there was a problem with your black level measurements. I've checked in 2 other reviews and they both show the black level to be the same as the VT model.
By cipsas
Hi Rasmus.

You always refer to "Inputs pointing towards the back wall" as a manufacturers' "overlooking". However if you check any Panasonic manual (G20, V20, etc.) you will see that the minimum required distance from the wall is 7 cm which makes the inputs' direction irrelevant. I would even say that in such case current setup is more convenient.

My guess is that Panasonic is taking very conservative approach to cooling and this is the only reason why Samsung which uses similar amount of power as Panasonic is so much thinner and it still allows fixing a TV right on the wall with no spacing. At the same time based on responses on the web and also people selling TVs opinion Samsung has more technical problems, so you have to pay for better looks in one way or another. It's a bit like ladies on high heels :)
By hurrakan
In the V20 review it is stated:

"And V20 is without doubt a recommendable TV."

But there is no "Highly Recommended Award" graphic on the V20 review page.

Does this mean that the V20 is NOT good enough for flatpanelshd to award it with their "Highly Recommended Award", as described here: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?s ... 1229335089 ?

Is this also why the V20 has not been added to the flatpanelshd Recommendations page?

Does that mean that flatpanelshd.com recommends the G20 over the V20?

Thanks
By dda
great review, the most informative i've seen so far.
i had just purchased the 50V20A (the asian model) which sadly has no THX mode ,instead there is 'true cinema' mode. do you happen the know wether they are the same?
i used your proposed calibration in the "proffesional1" mode ( i couldn't see your settings for the 'hue' values though), should it do the trick (compensate for not having the THX mode)?

thanks!
By dazwilky
Hi there,

I have purchased a TX-P42V20b Panny and have noticed the following after several weeks of watching.

When a large area of black (such as mickey mouse's ears) move quickly across the screen there seems to be some blurring, distortion of some kind. Not sure what the term is called?

When IFC (Intelligent Frame Creation) is turned on it helps when movement is slower but when fast it makes it worse. When turned off scrolling from left to right seems more blurred.

Does anyone know what this is called and has anyone noticed the same problem?

Is there a fault with my TV or is this just a characteristic of Panny Tvs?

Daz