A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Rasmus Larsen
alephzero wrote:Thanks for the review.
What's the downside to THRU mode?
No picture "enhancement" circuits activated. But that might as well be a plus when you consider the lame dynamic contrast and color "enhancement" systems that manufacturers incorporate today :)
By Rasmus Larsen
robot wrote:is there any word on when this monitor will be avaliable?
thanks
Nope still nothing. It's available in Europe now but not in the US.
By DarkUltra
Hi!

1. Did you notice any oversharpening due to overdrive / RTC? 3dvision blog did, but they didnt provide any good picture to show the difference.

- when in 2D mode as a side effect of the overdrive you might notice that the picture is a bit too sharp, and this oversharpening might not be convenient for some people, but might as well be just fine with others
http://3dvision-blog.com/review-of-the- ... g-monitor/

2. Is the size 23" or 23.6" indicative of the model number? I don't mind an extra .6" but the lg xl2410t is very expensive.
By Rasmus Larsen
DarkUltra wrote:Hi!

1. Did you notice any oversharpening due to overdrive / RTC? 3dvision blog did, but they didnt provide any good picture to show the difference.

- when in 2D mode as a side effect of the overdrive you might notice that the picture is a bit too sharp, and this oversharpening might not be convenient for some people, but might as well be just fine with others
http://3dvision-blog.com/review-of-the- ... g-monitor/

2. Is the size 23" or 23.6" indicative of the model number? I don't mind an extra .6" but the lg xl2410t is very expensive.
1. I think 3DVision Blog is talking about overshapening because of the sharpness setting in the menu? You can change that if you like. When working with desktop applications overdrive does not affect picture quality much. Remember that LCD panels are based on the sample-and-hold concept.

If he means overdrive trailing, then W2363D is not perfect in that regard but compared to XL2410T it definitely has less overdrive trailing.

2. I don't understand this question. You say LG XL2410T? :) Yes, W2363D is 23" and W2363D is 23.6".
By deleted_user
Does somebody know whether one can turn off "auto brightness" (= dynamic contrast?) when the monitor works in 120Hz but with 2D input signal?
By deleted_user
@noob_eater4726: 120Hz and 2D/3D are two different things. 120Hz is the refresh-rate of the monitor, i.e. how much pictures it displays each second. Whether these pictures are meant to be seen alternately by the right and left eye (i.e. 3D by means of shutter-glasses), or not (2D) is something completely different. In principle you can also display 3D content on a 60Hz monitor and watch it with shutter-glasses. But then each eye sees merely 30 pictures per second, which is not enough to produce the impression of smooth motions.
By noob_eater4726
@racer10 Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to get 120 Hz refresh rate without the monitor going into what I believe is a 3D mode in which the screen appears blurry to allow for the shutter glasses to operate. Is that a matter of the graphics output or the monitor itself?