A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By jorrit
Philips 8605H also has Ambilight Spectre 2 which means that the Ambilight is active on three sides of the TV - left and right..
This must be active on 2 sides :)

Thanks for the excellent review!
By netojose
Dear Rasmus,

I was reading and comparing your reviews of the following TVs: LG8500, SonyHX800, Philips 5605 and 8605.

You always analyse the shadow detailing wich I value a lot. From what you wrote, I am under the impression that shadow detailing has a direct relation to gamma variation. Is that so?

If it is that so, why this tv - PFL8605 with a gamma variation of just 2.17 to 2.33 (plus or minus 0,16) has no good shadow detailing???

Thanks a lot, really,

Jose
By puscifer
~0.16 variation is a bit high, considering V20 or LX9500 with only ~0.05.. although none of these sets escape some degree of banding, which also plays a considerable part on shadow detail, along with undefeatable processing.
By geremia
Hi,

thanks for the review

i've a 46PFL8605 and i've not understood very well what's the "200hz clear lcd" function under the Perfect pixel hd settings.
Natural motion is the interpolated frame insertion, but what's 200hz clear lcd? maybe scanning backlight?

I've connected the PC with hdmi, 1920x1080 60p without overscanning (1:1), and fired up a little app called pixperan, it shows moving objects at full fps to find the pixel latency with an empirical method (your own eyes).
All effects turned off, i get 10-12ms of pixel latency time, it's the transistion between a color to another and back to the first colour, so probably the pixel response time should be /2
Same if i choose game mode.

BUT, if i turn on only the 200hz clear lcd function (not the natural motion), i get a fantastic 4-5ms!!!!

So, where is the magic? It makes me think that's just a scanning backlight, even if the specs of the 8605 does not mention it directly?