A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Fissure
Thank you for the review Rasmus.

One thing you mentioned that the TV can be really bright, does this help combat the reflections ?

Also does the set have a light sensor or must you manually adjust the brightness ?
By Rasmus Larsen
Yes, I does. And in a typical living room I suggest that you use a higher backlight value than the one suggested in the calibration table :)

Yes, it also has a light sensor. It's called OPC, and actually the OPS feature also has specific setting options - quite handy.
By Tomeo
Hi Rasmus,

Thanks a million for the 925 review. I received my 46LE925 last week end, so I was impatient to have your comments.

From a general maner, I totally agree with your observations. I also noticed the purple/blue "Overdrive trailing" when the 200hz Frame techno or the scan mode are ON. This issue is super visible, especially when I'm watching BluRay. To be honest that's quite disturbing and horrible :( . Do you think it's something that could be fixed via a future firmware update? It's "just" a question of algorithm, so it should not be related to hardware, right?

But I'm super happy with the overall performances. I've to admit that I had some difficulties to adjust the colors. So I did a mix between your calibration and my settings, and now that's quite perfect. No more flashy colors, everything is almost consistent. Thanks for the useful tips ! :)
By Rasmus Larsen
Hi Tomeo and welcome

Thanks for your feedback on your LE925 TV.

Yeah, Overdrive trailing can in theory be reduced with a firmware update as it's based on some algorithms like you say. I didn't actually see much with most of my Blu-ray reference content. I even tried with a black/white sequence that's effective for revealing overdrive trailing (and phosphor trailing on plasma TVs) and even though it was there I had to look closely. On my sample it was mostly visible in the stress testing sequences.

From what you're saying it could be worse on the 46-inch version? Have you tried different settings to see if it changes anything? Picture settings can affect overdrive settings on some TVs.

Yeah, picture calibration is a bit tricky but you can achieve fairly good results with some patience :)
By Fissure
Tomeo do you mind me asking where did you get the 46" version, I live in Ireland and I'm seriously considering getting the LC-46LE925E but cannot find anywhere that stocks it online or off. I'm guessing its so new is the reason why.

Also how is gaming in general Rasmus mentioned that where some slightly higher than average input lag but that doesn't really concern me too much as I've never noticed or seen input lag ever in all my years.

Edit: Found out Sharp have their own webstore and are currently selling the 60" version of the LE925E but thats way out of my price range so hopefully they will get the 40" or 46" versions one day.
By Tomeo
Fissure wrote:Tomeo do you mind me asking where did you get the 46" version, I live in Ireland and I'm seriously considering getting the LC-46LE925E but cannot find anywhere that stocks it online or off. I'm guessing its so new is the reason why.

Also how is gaming in general Rasmus mentioned that where some slightly higher than average input lag but that doesn't really concern me too much as I've never noticed or seen input lag ever in all my years.

Edit: Found out Sharp have their own webstore and are currently selling the 60" version of the LE925E but thats way out of my price range so hopefully they will get the 40" or 46" versions one day.
I live in Paris and I used to order my products via a local and little retailer. No stock, only orders and no shipping. So I'm afraid it won't be super useful here.
By Fissure
Tomeo wrote:I live in Paris and I used to order my products via a local and little retailer. No stock, only orders and no shipping. So I'm afraid it won't be super useful here.
Thanks for the reply, one more question how are from your point of view the reflections on the set with the glass panel ?

Edit: Two questions :D was there any visible signs of dirty windows effects or cell warping, seems to happen most often with thin IPS display particularly from LG but as this is Sharp U2VA I presume this is safe from this affect ?

There are so many little issues with TV's these days trying to find one with as a few flaws as possible is a chore.
By SpEnTBoY
Ok I'm starting to feel like I'm missing something ... I dont think my LE925 has time shift ... there's nothing in the manual about it and no matter what I try I can't seem to find anything relavent to "pause" that works on my TV. Can anyone give me some dumbed down instructions on how to make it work OR verify that they removed this feature on some TVs please?? I'm not new but holy do I feel new lol :P

EDIT: apparently the North American units don't have time shift :(