A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By wirk
Rasmus,

You write in the review: Actually it’s amongst the lowest levels we have measured on an Edge LED TV so far and lower than on Samsung’s 2011 C8000 LED model.

C8000 is 2010 model, 2011 has D8000.
By Libertine
Thanks for the great review, I really appreciate the depth of your reviews. Tech Radar posted a review of the wx800/lc768 and didn't mention crosstalk, viewing angles or input lag...but they did talk about the styling of the TV, which was a good thing for all those folks having a hard time lifting those heavy eye lids and taking a look for themselves...

Anyway, would you mind estimating, in %, how much crosstalk there is compared to its closest competitors? Also, how much less it has than the NX700, assuming you remember that review?
By blackbird
thank you for the good review!!
can you please tell something about the input lag and the gaming experience in general?
By sinistro
blackbird wrote:thank you for the good review!!
can you please tell something about the input lag and the gaming experience in general?

Thank you for the review but this is really what was missing in it.

I would love to see if there is any improvement with this new x-chip over the BE's on input lag and that sony at last did create an interesting low input lag ( -30ms at least ) set for the gamers.
By Rasmus Larsen
wirk wrote:Rasmus,

You write in the review: Actually it’s amongst the lowest levels we have measured on an Edge LED TV so far and lower than on Samsung’s 2011 C8000 LED model.

C8000 is 2010 model, 2011 has D8000.
That's a type - sorry. It's fixed now.
By Rasmus Larsen
Libertine wrote:Anyway, would you mind estimating, in %, how much crosstalk there is compared to its closest competitors? Also, how much less it has than the NX700, assuming you remember that review?
Libertine wrote:Anyway, would you mind estimating, in %, how much crosstalk there is compared to its closest competitors? Also, how much less it has than the NX700, assuming you remember that review?
Ohh, that's tough question. I can try but please don't rely 100 % on these numbers. It's just a quick overview.

Crosstalk (lower is better):
Samsung C8000 (2010 model): 70 %
LG LE8500: 60 %
Sony NX700: 45 %
Sharp LE920: 40 %
Sony EX720: 30 %
Toshiba WX800/WL748: 28 %
Panasonic GT30: 13 %
Pansonic VT30: 9 %

Something like that :)
By Rasmus Larsen
blackbird wrote:thank you for the good review!!
Gaming experience was good but not the best I have seen. Input lag is lower than on most LCD-TVs but if you want the lowest input lag you should go for a plasma Tv. Also, 3D gaming on EX720 is acceptable, but again; if you want the best experience then look for a plasma.

Input lag is also significantly higher when MotionFlow is activated.
By [email protected]
Hi I read the review and it sounds like the new ex720 is a good TV. i recently bought a HX800 which i am not very happy with due to clouding issues on the TV which in dark scenes appear around the center of the screen. and am thinking of swapping it over for another TV and after reading your review of the ex720 i am considering swapping it for the ex720. so i just wanted to know since you have reviewed both tvs what your opinion might be mainly in regards to the clouding issue input lag and motion blur. i mainly use my TV for gaming. and as a PC monitor. thanks for any help or comments.
By Libertine
Strange that my in-store testing and another review of the EX720 saw ultra high levels of crosstalk. One review had a photograph of it compared with other 3D tvs. Ive heard a rumor that manufacturers sometimes slip in sub-par panels in from lower end models to save money...
By andres
Hello,

this is bad test,i am not agree

the tv sony ex720 is excellent tv

try with my calibrated settings:

Picture mode: Custom
Backlight 6
Contrast 96
Brightness: 44
Color: 50
Hue: 0
Sharpness: 50
Color temperature Warm2
Noise reduction Off
Mpeg noise reduction auto
Motionflow fluid
Film-mode Auto 2
Black corrector Off
Adv. Contrast Enhancer Off
Gamma 0
Auto Light Limiter Off
Clear White Off
Live Colour Off
Detail/Edge enhancer Off
R Gain -1
G Gain -7
B Gain -2
R Bias 0
G Bias 0
B Bias -1

Blu-ray settings:

Backlight 5
Contrast 94
Brightness: 46
Color temperature Warm2
Noise reduction Off
Mpeg noise reduction auto
Motionflow fluid
Film-mode off
Black corrector Off
Adv. Contrast Enhancer Off
Gamma 0
Auto Light Limiter Off
Clear White Off
Live Colour Off
Detail/Edge enhancer Off
R Gain -1
G Gain -7
B Gain -1
R Bias 0
G Bias 0
B Bias -1
By rodca1986
Hi,

I'm using the 32ex720 as a monitor for my pc on ati hd5770 graphic card with hdmi conection. It has the option to put the pixel format on xvYCC (YCbCr 4:4:4 or 4:2:2). Does this tv support it without any problems ? How would be the best calibration on that configuration ? I didn't find any good information about this on other sites.

Thanks
By andres
Small maj:

Petite maj de mes réglages:

Backlight 6
Contrast 96
Brightness: 44
Color temperature Warm2