A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By cwsm
Can you please upload some more pictures of the silver edition U2412M?

I have looked on the entire internet and so far I haven't come across the U2412M in silver.
Do you know where I can buy a silver one?
By korrea
Thanks for the review Rasmus.

Today I'll receive two U2412M, I think is a good choice ;).

One question Rasmus. You write your calibration settings in the review. Can I use them?? For complete calibration, Need I a ICC profile??

Thanks!.
By justaview
First of all congratulation to your test.

I would like to ask you a little bit more detailed question about the LED backlight of the new DELL U2412M.

I am to buy an IPS DELL monitor. But, what I am afraid of is the PWM control (Pulse Width Modulation) of the new LED backlight technology.

There are a lot of sites on the net which say, that the high- or not-so-high-frequency flickering of the LEDs (due to this PWM LED control) can cause serious eyestrain, or even worse, migraine, even if you cannot see it at first glance, at all. I have not found any test site yet, which tried to investigate this problem of the new technology.

Do you happen to know, what PWM frequency does the LED back-light of this new monitor operate on?
Have you felt the U2412M more tiring to the eyes compared to the U2410?

Thank you for your help for advance.
By ubernut
Hi! Nice site!

I've not heard about the PWM in LED back lights and now that I have, it's a concern for me as I spend most of my day in front of my monitor.

I'm in the market for an upgrade and am considering a 4 monitor set-up using 1 x U2410 (center) and 2 x U2412M (left and right) plus one ST2220T touch screen below and in-front of the center U2410.

Would you advise 3 x U2410 instead given a healthier working environment?

Another concern is the wide gamut of the U2410, I was thinking if I have a non wide gamut Monitor at hand I can make sure the colors of images I work on are good for most web applications.

(I work with Photos and images for web development mostly, a bit of gaming too just for fun a few times a month)

Money is a concern of-course so like most people I'm looking for the most value for money.

I'm using OsX Lion on a custom built PC with 2 x HD6850 graphics cards, i7 CPU and 16GB RAM.

Many thanks in advance for your advice.
By tagscuderia
You mention use of an ICC profile for the U2412M, any chance that you can post it for public use? I've tried a couple from TFT Central but they don't seem to particularly match my monitor. Your custom RGB levels make more sense than others I've read too so I'd greatly appreciate the profile to match. Thanks.