A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Lucy & Przemek
Hi guys,

I wounder why "User experience" is scored so diffrent in comparison with X85C. It should score similar point there. What is a difference between them in this matter.

We were looking at X90C and X85C and now it is even more confusing :/

We were almost ready to buy X85C but it has really pure side view which is quite imoprtant for us (one of sofas is located on the side of the room/TV) - we've seen this effect.

Now it seems that X90C is not a perfect choice as well. It is better in side view but lacks in picture quality. And as we need TV to be so called "allrounder" (normal TV watching in day and evening, movies in the evenings, a bit of gaming and picture watching and probobly a bit more of internet) we stuck again. Room is 10 meters long and 7 meters wide (TV located in the middle of the shorter wall), on the longer side 4 windows - so pretty light, evenings ruther dark but possibly with lite lighting.

Please give us your advice on what other recomandations to look at would you give us and how those two TV's X85 and X90 do you compare? Parameters like price or grate looking TV are on the far second position in comparison to picture quality.

Your advice has a great importance to us.

We look forward to your little help :)

Lucy & Przemek
By Fjodor2000
Hi,

I found this on AVS Forum:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-f ... st36525122

"Just got the memo at my local best buy. The 55x900c with serials 5000000 - 5002237 may have light bleed issues and they will handle exchanges if you purchased one of these models from them. They are also no longer selling these until further notice. "

So I just wonder if you tested a TV with one of those serial numbers?
By Lucy & Przemek
Thanks for the link. I have read some posts there. Question is how you guys from FlatPanelHD could coment on that. And as you have tested both TV's, is the realy a big difference in picture quality between both?
It seems to me that X85C with viewing angle present at X90C would be a perfect match for us :)

Cannot think of any other alternative to those two TV's :(

Thanks for your help.

L & P
By Rasmus Larsen
Lucy & Przemek wrote:I wounder why "User experience" is scored so diffrent in comparison with X85C. It should score similar point there. What is a difference between them in this matter.
Sorry for the late reply.

Android TV has received a few updates and new apps since we reviewed X85C. The interface is a bit more stable and faster. Small things but it adds up. We do not go back and adjust the scores in old reviews. That would probably be a bit confusing. X85C has received the same updates.
Lucy & Przemek wrote:Please give us your advice on what other recomandations to look at would you give us and how those two TV's X85 and X90 do you compare? Parameters like price or grate looking TV are on the far second position in comparison to picture quality.
OLED is still expensive but it has what you are looking for. Almost perfect viewing angles and great picture quality. The challenge with LCD is that two panel types exist called IPS (in X90C) and VA (in X85C). The former has relatively wide viewing angles but poor contrast. The latter has good contrast but narrow viewing angles. Unfortunately, there is no perfect LCD panel type. It doesn't matter which brand you go for.
By Rasmus Larsen
Fjodor2000 wrote:So I just wonder if you tested a TV with one of those serial numbers?
Unfortunately we can't check. The TV has been returned to Sony.
By Lucy & Przemek
Rasmus,

Thanks for your help and reviews. I am much better ready for my next TV choice :)

This are fantastic reviews you are writing.

Best

L & P
By Torben Rasmussen
In all fairness the review hasn't been written by Rasmus, but thank you for the praise :)
By Torben Rasmussen
Lucy & Przemek wrote:Hi guys,

I wounder why "User experience" is scored so diffrent in comparison with X85C. It should score similar point there. What is a difference between them in this matter.

We were looking at X90C and X85C and now it is even more confusing :/
Our UI score also cover build quality (as explained in the details in the score box), so the difference is actually coming from the pretty awesome looking set and not in the Android experience.