A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
Stefano: Use the sliders in the setting options menu for picture. Either that or contact your retailer to ask if you can enter the service menu without warranty issues. In the service menu you can adjust a lot of different things - also the 200 Hz circuit.
I tried to enter the menu picture I have tried to decrease or increase the brightness but prblema not resolved, the dealer tells me the problem when it is tied to the technology edge, I would like to resolve this problem ... if I contact the garnzia replace the panel but I think I would avoid from the new repair.
THANKS
By f900
Hi,

I did receive my BV10 a couple of weeks ago and it is fantastic!

To give you my impressions briefly before I can spend more time with it and give a more detailed post about picture quality (with pictures, if I ever find how to post pictures!):

-I have the anti-reflective coating, numeric receiver and motorized stand options, and it is connected to a full B&O speaker system (Beolab 8000, 6000 and 2), a Beocenter 2, a PS3 and Satellite receiver ("LeCube", from the French provider Canalsat).

-Looks absolutely beautiful. It really is a jewel. Everybody that saw it was in awe.

-Picture quality is gorgeous. But I'm far from being an expert at picture quality! Anyway, I'm really impressed with it. Very sharp, no 'trailing" with a fast moving picture. Blacks are very very deep. (May be a bit too deep overall to my taste?)

-Motorized stand is great. Silent and smooth. TV on its stand looks great to me, a bit like a painting...

-If a lot of devices are connected to it, it is a bit hard to get all the cables to fit in the back cover...

-I can't comment on the sound as I use the complete B&O system, but the few trials I've done with just the built in system sound convincing enough.

-I unfortunately do have the problem of uneven backlighting as well... Two uneven spots on the top that are quite noticeable when the picture is nearly black and another one at the bottom that is harder to see but there. I am a bit disappointed with it and it is annoying when the picture is dark. I talked to my dealer about it and since they have little background on the BV10, they can't say if it's normal or not, but they think it is quite common with edge-lit LED displays (of course). I don't think I could get them to change it and I might end up with a worse one anyway...

-For the story, they damaged the aluminum frame during the installation (hitting the frame at the top left with an HDMI connector...), leaving a small scratch and dent. I got them to change it of course, but thinking it might ruin the TV if they completely disassemble it, but it was VERY easy and the replacement part includes the complete front glass with the complete frame that they just slide in place from the top. No problems now, it looks like new (which it is!)
Although it's the sort of things that can happen, I have to say they have been very nice and honest about it.

-As an info for the ones that want to connect a PS3 to a BV10 (or any B&O TV) and control it with the B&O remote (Beo4 or 5) it is impossible as it is: The PS3 has no infrared but bluetooth only. It was quite a problem for me, so after an extensive search on the net, I found several options, and I went for a device sold 50 Euros by a Danish company that is about to be approved and sold by B&O themselves. It converts Infrared inputs to Bluetooth and, to make a long story short, it works beautifully and I fully control my PS3 with my B&O remote now! Contact me if you want more details as it needs a bit of fiddling as long as it is not fully certified by B&O (which should occur this month normally). Here is their website address: http://www.re-bl.com/

-To finish, it is a great TV that impresses me everyday and despite the few issues I absolutely don't regret my purchase.

That's it for now, more to come after I've enjoyed it more!! :)
Hello all,

I just bought a Beovision 10 and although I am pretty impressed, the picture is not perfect. Especially when there are darker parts on the image, all the 'darks' seem to blend together. I tried to adjust this with the standard brightness etc settings, but that doesn't work out. I already called my dealer an they will try to correct this at the end of next week, but I don't want to wait that long: can anybody help me, for instance with the instructions to enter the service menu with a Beo 4 remote?

thanks in advance,

Jeroen van Rossu
By f900
Hi,

Unfortunately I can't help but when I mentioned in my previous post that the darks might be a bit too dark for me, I meant exactly what you are experiencing (you explained it a lot better though!).

I talked to my B&O dealer about it (along with the other issues) and apart from playing with the contrast and brightness, they didn't find a fix for it...
If they do on your side by messing around in the service menu, please post it as I'll be interested as well...

Cheers,
All,

Today my dealer officially installed the Beovision 10 and used the service menu to adjust the colours / my complaint about the darkness of the screen. He increased the basic colours (blue/red/green), added some brightness and increased a peak level of some kind. Again: in the service menu. I tried to figure out how he entered the service menu with a Beo 4 and think he double-clicked some keys (numbers / go) while being in the setup menu for DTV.
All in all, I am quite ok with the picture now, but because in the end the way you look at a picture is very personal I would like to take some time and experiment with the service menu myself. Please let me know if anybody knows how to enter the service menu in a Beovision.

Thanks,

Jeroen