A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By smodd
Hello Rasmus ...

I own this monitor Samsung XL2370 and do you like this settings ?

Red Green Blue 45 ...all 3
Contrast 71
Brightness 100 (movies)
Gamma 1
No Magic Color
Sharp 72
Response Time Faster (2nd Level)

When playing a movie i set that all the videos be process by the videocard in advance control panel otherwise the movies are not natural.

Here´s a picture that i used to calibrate my colors...
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5006/graytest.jpg

I hope you like it...
By Rasmus Larsen
You should probably go with a lower sharpness value to ensure that artificial sharpness is not added. At least for non-movie usage.
By Murinus
Greetings!

Well, what can i say about the xl2370?I really like it, but i've been desperately trying to find some calibration settings for many months now.I have tried calibrating myself(with software, not hardware) but i am never happy with the results, besides.. i am far from a videophile.

I use the xl2370 with an nvidia gtx295 and you could say that i am mainly a gamer.I got my TV setup for movies etc

Brightness:35
Contrast:46
Sharpness:60
Colour tone: Custom
Colour Effect:Off
Gamma:Mode1
RGB:Manual
• R:51
• G:43
• B:46

The above settings are the ones i found in your review.What would you possibly change for gaming?

Thanks in advance, really hope you can help me on this one.
By Roger
Rasmus, your excellent review of the Samsung XL2370 has stopped me from considering it.

However, Samsung has an updated version of that model called the XL2370-1.

They supposedly fixed many of the problems. Have you seen it and if so, do you think it is much better?

I've noticed the similarity to LG's LED monitors. Are theirs any better?

Or is this recent wave of LED monitors just bright lights and thunder without any rain?

Pardon the poetry. It's part of my DNA.
8-)
By Dumdee
Hello there Rasmus,

Your review of the XL2370 has made me think twice about the monitor as well.
I was given a chance to test the monitor before my purchase, would you share the ICC you used for it so that i can compare it side to side with a non calibrated PX2370?

Your help would be greatly appreciated thanks!