A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Rasmus Larsen
The review was published on our Danish site in December 2017. Sorry for the delay here on FlatpanelsHD. We were currently pondering what to do in terms of TV audio as we wanted to scale things up a little. We have now formulated a plan, which can be read here: https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?s ... 1534219768

As you can see, what have also introduced a score model for TV audio products: https://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php? ... 1534230778

In the coming weeks and months, we will publish reviews Polk Audio MagniFi Max, Sony HT-ZF9/Z9F (Atmos), Sonos Beam, Apple HomePod, Samsung HW-N950 (Atmos), and LG SK10Y (Atmos). And possibly more.
By JohnFord
First and foremost, great review. I’ve had the 5000 for nearly a year now and updates etc have eliminated many of my first complaints. However I agree with you that rear channels would improve the experience and cannot believe that they didn’t do it. But I will have to say the sound is so amazing, that I have to remind myself they are not there and actually listen for the sound positioning which is missing.

But when you talk about 3 HDMI interfaces I would agree that more then three would be nice but the competition is all at 3 or less right? In fact when I bought this I compared it against the Samsung, Pioneer, and several others and it was the only one I believe at the time with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 on all three interfaces, and this should be the minimum I believe. I do see through my AppleTV it supports HDR, and 4:4:4 video back to my Sony TV. It would be interesting knowing whether others do or do not support that video pass through.

I don’t know if anything has changed but my unit did come with a HDMI cable, I believe you said it didn’t.

My only other complaints are that when just viewing normal TV I often am cranking it up pretty far up to it’s upper limits. There should be some form of adjustment per interface. Also when pushing Atmos I wish it would give some form of indication on the display that it is doing so. I’ve been able to verify it through other means but hey if you can it should tell you what it is doing.