A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By wentworth
It seems those sets without Wide Angle feature are a different story and your comments about dark levels are not valid for 55"" and 65" tellies.
Torben my conclusion after reading your review in your own words:
"In our opinion X900F delivers better picture quality for your money."
It is a pity.
By Torben Rasmussen
Blacks will differ on the 55" and 65" yes and on those models the picture quality will be somewhat on par with the XF90. The final score reflects the model we review, and I can't guarantee how the smaller ones behave, but I would expect it to be very similar to the XF90. I would prefer a bit darker blacks, which is why the picture quality score ends up below the XF90, but for the 55" and 65" the final comment would probably be "...identical picture quality for your money".
By cokes26
Great review. It is a pity about the black levels, but for my budget I dont believe there will be any other TVs on the market this year that support eARC and Dolby Vision in 75inches apart from the LG 75SM9000. I will be interested to see how that TV compares. If only 77 inch OLED werent so expensive here in AUS
By DoubleX
Thanks for the detailed review!

Since i have to purchase a new TV, I was wondering whether the new XG was worth more than the "old" XF.
Given the result I have one doubt: if the picture quality of the 55" model should be similar to X900F, is it worth considering the X950G just for the "revamped" Smart features?

Thanks for your work!
By Kuschelmonschter
X95G is not Sony's flagship LCD, the Z9G is. More on the Sony 2019 lineup here. I would really enjoy asking some questions to Sony management. Their decisions seem so weird...
By samuel.blunt
Kuschelmonschter wrote:X95G is not Sony's flagship LCD, the Z9G is. More on the Sony 2019 lineup here. I would really enjoy asking some questions to Sony management. Their decisions seem so weird...
ZF9/Z9F is the 4K flagship which will be made defunct this year. so XG95 will be.
Z9G/ZG9 is 8K flagship.
By markiz
Torben Rasmussen wrote:Blacks will differ on the 55" and 65" yes and on those models the picture quality will be somewhat on par with the XF90. The final score reflects the model we review, and I can't guarantee how the smaller ones behave, but I would expect it to be very similar to the XF90. I would prefer a bit darker blacks, which is why the picture quality score ends up below the XF90, but for the 55" and 65" the final comment would probably be "...identical picture quality for your money".
Hi! Please can you show AIDA menu very interested SoC Mediatek? Realtek?
By sillyrabbit
Please do keep us updated on Sony's response regarding the remote.

I have a X900F and I would love to get the remote from the x950G, as there is a soundbar blocking my IR receiver and an RF remote would make my life so much better.
By Torben Rasmussen
Just got the response. It won’t be available for purchase unfortunately.
By Torben Rasmussen
AIDA screenshot.
Attachments
0613D566-05E2-4B6D-BC7E-E49B120FF072.jpeg
0613D566-05E2-4B6D-BC7E-E49B120FF072.jpeg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 84328 times
759694C9-A438-4B4D-8359-4F6BB98CC505.jpeg
759694C9-A438-4B4D-8359-4F6BB98CC505.jpeg (548.67 KiB) Viewed 84337 times
By sssss
How would this one compare to AF9? Which one if the better of the two?

I purchased an AF9 but reading about XG95 got me thinking whether I should have gone for the latter instead.
By Torben Rasmussen
You should go for the XG95 if burn-in is worrying you and if black level is less of a concern. In most other regards the AF9 is a better choice.
By Steve
So, the wide viewing angle filter is probably tanking the color gamut performance somewhat. I suspect it is likely the off angle colour shift getting mixed in, or a spreader stretching the light. But VA like technology needs to be reengineered to do wide angle in the cell. Are they using the nanocell technology for the filter? It seems LG like.

For me the wide angle doesn't matter as much. Even if they had a system where all the color shifted light was concentrated and shot off the side at high angle where it was then dealt with, or not, that would be OK. Once you get past a 90 degree cone of excellent picture and color you are in good territory, 180 degree is not really needed, even on a computer table, it just looks trendy. My projector screen is like that, but its a waste of light. If OLED manufactures could do this for professional use, they could double their brightness, which means the Panasonic GZ2000 could afford to use wider color gamut primaries, making it good for the years old rec2020 standard. It makes me wonder if LG has incell technology to concentrate emitted light from hidden parts of the bulk oled material forwards. They must, they could not have missed that I hope, then techniques would improve brightness and reduce heating.

Very disappointed the industry is tanking colour in LCD, before selling us something likely even more expensive to give us only a bit more than what LCD dies, in say a latest best Sharp, but compared to their current LCD, over 1 step more DCI, maybe 4 steps or so rec2020, and with true HDR, the panels should really shine in shop. But not as much in color compared to an LCD done rightly. I've long had designs in mind that could increase black level, viewing angle, brightness and color in LCD, so close to 100% or beyond, rec2020, with high viewing angle, more descent HDR while maintaining the black level. You will notice that the HDR levels with descent black is around the same figure on panels as the Q7, brighter HDR doesn't maintain good black outside turning the back light down in non bright areas. If they could only get to 1000 nits with near oled like black, it would be alright. Combined with sonething like cheap bluphase LCD, it gives most cheap manufactures something to sell while printed oled drops in price. Just because they can print it cheap because there is no real competition, don't expect them to charge low prices for the sets. You might still look at $3000US for a while, $6000US for microled etc. The $1500 smaller versions will likely drop to $1000 eventually, putting pressure in sub $1000 set makers, with lower prices printed oled to eventually come. But it means controlled LCD technologies from big manufacturers might be under that just above their heads around $500+ Q7 like TV's only from specific manufacturers. You. An already see a bunch of cheap manufacturers selling outdated murky sets, but they really need to press into and beyond Q7 territory into the future to sell substantial units in this scenario. Even at $200 for a 65 inch screen the existing lowest quality screens would look like giant turkeys compared to the controlled technologies (but thrn again, manufacturers are so slack, they tend to license these technologies towards the end of their patent life where the license could be had cheap/ So, some of this stuff should he coming to manufacturers cheap in coming years).