A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
This was hands down the best C9 review I've read! I really appreciate it, and especially like that you bring up the lack of feature additions to older models. Unfortunately, this strategy might work to trigger enthusiasts to buy new TVs every second year or so.
Hi All ,
When I tried to calibrate LG OLED C9 of dolby vision by Calman,
when I finished, Synchronized on the signal , The sound is normal , But I found a green screen, Can't see anything.
My Calman Is the latest version
Jean wrote:Would it be possible to review the Wisa connectivity feature to the TV? It would be interesting to know how good is the built-in surround decoder in the TV.

Thanks,

Jean
First of all, I'm sorry about the delay in answering questions in here. It has been very busy lately due to all the review samples that we have received.

We forgot to include mention of WiSA in the review. A section has been added. Unfortunately, we did not have the dongle or WiSA compatible speakers available for the review.
Cogo wrote:This was hands down the best C9 review I've read! I really appreciate it, and especially like that you bring up the lack of feature additions to older models. Unfortunately, this strategy might work to trigger enthusiasts to buy new TVs every second year or so.
Thank you! I'm honestly very confused about the fact that most TV reviewers and media ignore this. These TVs cost a lot more than high-end smartphones and should receive updates for longer, too. On average, households replace their main TV every 5-7 years.
fAST BOOTS wrote:Hi All ,
when I finished, Synchronized on the signal , The sound is normal , But I found a green screen, Can't see anything.
We encountered that issue last year with LG C8. A full reset brought the TV back to normal but the issue with Dolby Vision calibration persisted on the second try. Unfortunately, we had to give up.

We didn't try Dolby Vision calibration on C9.
samuel.blunt wrote:You've got a couple of typo's - districting instead of distracting and a and instead of an.
I like the tone of content of the piece. Nicely weighted.
Thanks Samuel. Just checked. I hope I caught them all.
Great review but I feel you spent way too much of it comparing it to LCD and then a long section about why HDR is better on OLED. Too much of a general comparison rather than focusing on this specific TV. Many reviews iv read here say the same thing too. In LCD reviews you spend a while going on about why HDR isn't as good as OLED and in OLED reviews the same thing while OLED HDR is better. It becomes more of an LCD vs OLED article that sometimes come's across with an OLED bias than just focusing purely on the TV your reviewing and its merits.
Rasmus Larsen wrote:
fAST BOOTS wrote:Hi All ,
We encountered that issue last year with LG C8. A full reset brought the TV back to normal but the issue with Dolby Vision calibration persisted on the second try. Unfortunately, we had to give up.

We didn't try Dolby Vision calibration on C9.
Hi ,
YES! C9 Still have this problem!
Is this a problem with LG or a question for Calman?
Have you reflect it to the relevant parties?
Can it be fixed?

Thanks~
Cm1 wrote:Great review but I feel you spent way too much of it comparing it to LCD and then a long section about why HDR is better on OLED. Too much of a general comparison rather than focusing on this specific TV. Many reviews iv read here say the same thing too. In LCD reviews you spend a while going on about why HDR isn't as good as OLED and in OLED reviews the same thing while OLED HDR is better. It becomes more of an LCD vs OLED article that sometimes come's across with an OLED bias than just focusing purely on the TV your reviewing and its merits.
I see your point. Thanks. We'll discuss how to best balance this in future reviews.

If I may add a few comments as to why we do it. In essence, it is to add context and perspective to product reviews. In the world of AV a lot can be measured but not everything, and the context is often more important. We try to make our reviews reflect that by sometimes taking a step back and seeing things in perspective. Enthusiasts can obsess over tiny details sometimes and are also guilty of that sometimes. But we think it's important not to get caught up in such things, especially these days where color volume and peak brightness appear to be benchmark units for many TV buyers. Alone, these numbers have little meaning. It's only when you put them into context and perspective that meaning can be deciphered.

In our Sony A9G we have tried to increase our focus on OLED TV side-by-side testing (with LG C9).
fAST BOOTS wrote: Hi ,
Can it be fixed?

Thanks~
LG and SpectraCal are aware. We have brought it up, and I know that other reviewers / calibrators have, too. I don't know what the status is to be honest. We're not offering calibration services to consumers so we only run into these issues when we have the TVs in our testing studio.
Rasmus Larsen wrote:
fAST BOOTS wrote: Hi ,
Can it be fixed?

Thanks~
LG and SpectraCal are aware. We have brought it up, and I know that other reviewers / calibrators have, too. I don't know what the status is to be honest. We're not offering calibration services to consumers so we only run into these issues when we have the TVs in our testing studio.
Hi,
LG and SpectraCal they all know that there is this problem, why not fix it ?
They think that Dolby Vision does not require calibrating? :)