A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Rasmus Larsen
Juan wrote:Now the question is: will the new high end VT30 model be also a great advance in comparison with previous VT20 model? If this is the case, this would mean that VT30 could be the new reference in terms of picture quality. But Panasonic has not explained anything concrete about the new Infinite Black Pro 2 in comparison with last year Pro pannel, so it is difficult to expect anything concrete.

We are waiting for the VT30 review! This VT30 and the new LG Nano Full Led TVs are perfect candidates to be the best TVs in the market for 2011.
I agree. And don't worry, we will obviously also receive VT30 and LG's Nano TVs later :)
By alcenana
Rasmus Larsen wrote:Yes, there's a pixel orbiter as well as some test patterns in the advanced menu :)

Crosstalk is not much better - probably on the same level.
Retention is reduced but not gone. Compared to the VT20 (that has too much retention in my opinion), GT30 definately does a better job here.
Thanks!

I think that for the price of VT20 that amount of crosstalk/retention/floating black is just unacceptable, same as for the missing feature in the EU sets.

The problem is that there's no more a real plasma benchmark...
By sand
Do You expect any noticeable differences in the 2D image on the G30 models, when compared to the GT30?
Can anyone tell me the difference between these three different flavors of TX-P42GT30:

a) TX-P42GT30B
b) TX-P42GT30E
c) TX-P42GT30J
d) maybe there are even more that I don't know ...

What does this lost letter stand for? B? E? J?

Thanks,
Geoff
Geoffrey said:
Can anyone tell me the difference between these three different flavors of TX-P42GT30:

a) TX-P42GT30B
b) TX-P42GT30E
c) TX-P42GT30J
d) maybe there are even more that I don't know ...

What does this lost letter stand for? B? E? J?
From looking at the Panny manuals website, it looks like B is for UK, E for Europe except France, and J is for France. There's even a Y - god knows where that is.
I have read a review stating the the black levels in the ST30 are better then those on the GT30 if the TV is primarily watched in ambient light is this correct?

In a living room with partially shaded windows and kitchen lighting from behind is the ST30 a better TV?